Author Topic: Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees diss 930  (Read 6608 times)

bbbsmith

Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees diss 930
« on: January 08, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
So last night @ the Black Cat the lead singer of the  Gimmees gets on the mike and says something to the effect that he bet "that the 930 Club had wished they had booked them instead of what they had booked tonight" and a few other garbled statements at the end of their set.

Show was okay...when they actually played music.  Maybe I am just getting old because there were more X's on hands than I have ever seen at a Black Cat show before...

Kind of wish I went to see Clutch last night.

andyrichter

Re: Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees diss 930
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
the place to be was the goons last night.  fun fun fun.  any band that has fat mike in it is usually more talk, less rock.

saco

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by bbbsmith:
 [QB] So last night @ the Black Cat the lead singer of the  Gimmees gets on the mike and says something to the effect that he bet "that the 930 Club had wished they had booked them instead of what they had booked tonight" and a few other garbled statements at the end of their set.

Rather than Clutch??  Dems fightin words round these parts.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
And isn't that kind of a diss to the Black Cat?? "9:30 should have booked US but they didn't and now we have to play friggin' Black Cat." Nice.

PigIron

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »
I doubt the 9:30 feels that they made a mistake.  Clutch was packed.

andyrichter

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  And isn't that kind of a diss to the Black Cat?? "9:30 should have booked US but they didn't and now we have to play friggin' Black Cat." Nice.
I was thinking the same thing.  They were probably pissed since they sold out black cat and could've had a bigger crowd at 9:30.  That, and they knew the no crowdsurfing policy would probably piss off all the 16 year olds at their show.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  I doubt the 9:30 feels that they made a mistake.  Clutch was packed.
Yeah gotta agree here..besides, with that extra comment about all the X's on people's hands at the Black Cat, you can bet the 930 Club is much more happier about having all those people at Clutch who can and LOVE to drink  ;)

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3