Author Topic: The Arcade Fire don't like being upstaged by Radiohead  (Read 10262 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Arcade Fire don't like being upstaged by Radiohead
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »
until arcade fire drop their label and go truly indie (i.e. release a free album online), they will be continuously upstaged by radiohead.
<sig>

bearman🐻

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 08:53:00 pm »
Yeah...they still need to release their "OK Computer", then they can do that.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 10:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  until arcade fire drop their label and go truly indie (i.e. release a free album online), they will be continuously upstaged by radiohead.
So Radiohead has been continuously upstaged by the Smashing Pumpkins for the last 7 years?

distance

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
 So Radiohead has been continuously upstaged by the Smashing Pumpkins for the last 7 years?
no.
 jesus.
 i wish SP would just go away again.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 10:39:00 pm »
Umm dude...the "free album" will be released in traditional CD format in December by Parlophone (UK) and Capitol Records (US). Capitol Records is NOT indie  :)

(_|_)

froggylizzard

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 11:03:00 pm »
Radiohead are the "surprise" on Saturday ... they are going to play at the Arcade Fire show!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 11:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:

no.
 jesus.
 i wish SP would just go away again. [/b]
The issue has nothing to do with whether people like SP or Radiohead. If someone wants to go Radiohead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SP, fine, that's an opinion. But to act like what Radiohead is doing is unprecedented is clearly erroneous. I can name easily ten other musical acts that released albums for free online before Radiohead did it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 11:34:00 pm »
 But to act like what Radiohead is doing is unprecedented is clearly erroneous. I can name easily ten other musical acts that released albums for free online before Radiohead did it.
yes, but name one that *mattered*

<ducks>
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 09:00:00 am »
  wow.  this saturday's AF/LCD show is at RANDALLS ISLAND, not keyspan park.

nobody caught this?
Just waking up are we, it's always been advertised as such, why would you assume anything would be at Keyspan, especially in October?  Keyspan has only had a handful of shows over the last few years, but once you get settled up there that will become apparent  :p  

Are you bitchin because of the transpo plan you'll have to put into effect?  RI is kind of a pain if you're going with public transpo, you can either take the ferry or a train up to 125th and jump on the buses that run continuously. The problem is on the return trip on the bus, which is always a clusterphuck, going the ferry route is a little more but will save some aggravation after the show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 09:24:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
 Just waking up are we, it's always been advertised as such, why would you assume anything would be at Keyspan, especially in October?
scroll up and read on - you are among those who didn't blink when people talked about keyspan.  in fact, you awarded someone a bell for that statement      :)       that was my point, everyone was "oh, simulcast from keyspan!" - when keyspan was never in the books... but maybe i misunderstand, wouldn't be the first time.

thanks for the insight about the ferry, will definitely take that alternative.  i'm already loathing the trip back.  the show isn't sold out yet, hopefully it won't be quite as bad as after rock the bells.
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

Originally posted by bnyced0:
 Just waking up are we, it's always been advertised as such, why would you assume anything would be at Keyspan, especially in October?
scroll up and read on - you are among those who didn't blink when people talked about keyspan.  in fact, you awarded someone a bell for that statement       :)        that was my point, everyone was "oh, simulcast from keyspan!" - when keyspan was never in the books... but maybe i misunderstand, wouldn't be the first time.

thanks for the insight about the ferry, will definitely take that alternative.  i'm already loathing the trip back.  the show isn't sold out yet, hopefully it won't be quite as bad as after rock the bells. [/b]
Damn, you got me, didn't even "key" in on that, I knew about the simulcast, but glazed over the erroneous location.  Apologies.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
for those who will be at home watching the simulcast, do keep an eye out for me as i'll be at the show.  i should be easy to spot: look for the tallest mofo in the crowd.  i'll be about 2 feet behind him.
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 11:09:00 am »
  for those who will be at home watching the simulcast, do keep an eye out for me as i'll be at the show.  i should be easy to spot: look for the tallest mofo in the crowd.  i'll be about 2 feet behind him.
will you be wearing tie-dye and drinking a cosmo too?   :cool:  

(love love love)
nothx

vassego

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by bearman:
  Not just Canadian, FRENCH-Canadian. Mondieu.
Win Butler is from Texas and he went to boarding school at Exeter.  He's more George W. Bush than he is French Canadian. [/b]
I thought Bush grew up in Connecticut.

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 10:22:00 pm »

Originally posted by distance:

no.
 jesus.
 i wish SP would just go away again. [/b]
The issue has nothing to do with whether people like SP or Radiohead. If someone wants to go Radiohead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SP, fine, that's an opinion. But to act like what Radiohead is doing is unprecedented is clearly erroneous. I can name easily ten other musical acts that released albums for free online before Radiohead did it. [/b]
but Radiohead is clearly the BEST band to do it, so they get the credit.

just like many other bands were annoying whiners before Smashing Pumpkins....