Author Topic: Just when you started missing her...  (Read 771 times)

vansmack

Just when you started missing her...
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:21:00 pm »
Sweet!  She's back....

Britney Explains It All

You know all that talk from Britney Spears about how excited she was to take some time off to start a family with hubby Kevin Federline? Well, she's apparently grown bored with long days of munching Cheetos and swigging Red Bull, because she's throwing herself back into her work.

In her latest "Letter of Truth," the Britster, who is up for a Best Dance Recording Grammy, reveals her plans to follow in the footsteps of Orson Welles (assuming she knows who that is) and provides a clarification about the whole "break" thing.

According to Spears, "What I meant was I am taking a break from being told what to do." See, the baby-craving popster now follows her own path, which apparently includes brushing up on her Kabbalah. Or her fortune cookie sayings.

"True Masters say it's cool when you look at someone and don't know whether they are at work or play since it's all the same to them," she philosophically explains. "The things I've been doing for work lately have been so much fun, because it's not like work to me anymore. I've been even more 'hands on' in my management and the business side of things and I feel more in control than ever."

That control includes paying an impromptu visit to a Los Angeles radio station recently to play an unfinished track off her in-the-works album, tentatively titled "The Original Doll."

"It definitely has the raw thing going on it," Spears said (via MTV) of the tune, dubbed "Mona Lisa." "It was done, I think, four or five months ago. My band, we didn't use ProTools or anything with it. It's all live ... It will get better -- this is a really, really rough mix."

If "really rough" is another way to describe vocals that veer into a range that only dogs can hear, then yes, it is indeed rough. But kinda catchy, with lyrics that kick off thusly: "Ladies and gentleman, I've got a story to tell/About Mona Lisa and how she suddenly fell/See, everyone knew her, they knew her so well/Now I am taking over to release her from her spell."

Britney is also getting "hands-on" with her upcoming video for "Do Something," a new track off her "My Prerogative: Greatest Hits" album. She co-directed the clip with "young, hungry" director Bille Woodruff, a vid vet who helmed the flick "Honey."

"We shot the entire video in a record-breaking five hours," Spears writes of her masterpiece, which is currently set to air overseas only. "I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing."

Adds the multi-tasker, "Working on this video was my first taste into behind the scenes work & When a woman directs, I think it just alters the entire feel of the movie, production, or play in such a positive way."

Britney is eager to get back behind the camera "in the near future," and reveals that she hopes to direct a musical she's writing, which pokes fun at Hollywood. It's cleverly titled "Hollywood."

The pop starlet also has another outlet for her baby fever -- a new pup named Lucky.

The dog is currently roommates with Bit-Bit, Britney's recently adopted Chihuahua, and the pampered pooches share a room outfitted with "a baby chandelier," which she says is "the cutest thing in the world."

And finally, as we try to ignore the fact that Britney's canines have a better standard of living than we do, here's a final piece of news, which we urge you to take with a hefty boulder of salt.

The London Mirror claims that Spears has been so "inspired" by "CSI" that she plans to go to college to become a -- wait for it -- forensic scientist.

OK, OK, we'll give you a minute to get the giggles under control. Moving on ...

"Brit has been growing tired of all the media attention and is thinking about taking a break from it all," a source tells the paper. "She's taking this university idea quite seriously."
27>34