Author Topic: Sea Ray Roll Call....  (Read 4031 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Sea Ray Roll Call....
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Brandon Arroyo, big Dave Matthews fan!

The Florida native got into music during the alternative craze, with bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots his primary listening fare. Naturally, he performs a lot of tunes from those bands, as well as another favorite, Dave Matthews.

``It started off as a hobby,'' said Arroyo, ``but now it's definitely something to relax and let off frustration when I'm not pitching good.''
its Bronson damnit

the kids only 27

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 05:01:00 pm »
I didn't know you guys have been in ANY world series. What positions do y'all play?

Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by pollard:
  What I don't get is that most of the younger red sox fans have been waiting for a world series 1 year longer than I have.  If the Cardinals lose this series should I be talking of a curse next year?  It is the curse of Keith Hernandez.
The point is, we've been waiting for a win for 86 years. Of which, this is only the 5th time we've actually made it here. In that same span, you've been to 10, and won 7, including 3 appearances in your lfietime, one of which you won. Please excuse us if we don't pass along a tissue to help you dry your eyes. [/b]

ratioci nation

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
Well being Born in 76 myself, I have seen the Cardinals lose twice in the series, when I was 9 in 85 and when I was 11 in 87. Both Series in which they led and then lost.  Both times key players were injured, just like this year.  And in 85 we even had a blatant bad call by an ump.  Yet nobody has said oh we are doomed in St. Louis.  Sorry if I sound bitter, but having waited for this since I was 11, the Red Sox mania has left a bitter taste in my mouth.  But I don't think of you as one of the bad Sox fans, those would be the people at Nanny O'Briens during Game 1 who assumed I was a Yankees fan because I was cheering for the Cardinals.

ratioci nation

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
  I didn't know you guys have been in ANY world series. What positions do y'all play?

2nd base, I am surprisingly nimble footed

ratioci nation

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
  The point is, we've been waiting for a win for 86 years. Of which, this is only the 5th time we've actually made it here. In that same span, you've been to 10, and won 7, including 3 appearances in your lfietime, one of which you won. Please excuse us if we don't pass along a tissue to help you dry your eyes.
I am not a red sox fan, I dont cry over sports.  And you have not been waiting 86 years for anything.  So spare me the hyperbole.

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
  But I don't think of you as one of the bad Sox fans, those would be the people at Nanny O'Briens during Game 1 who assumed I was a Yankees fan because I was cheering for the Cardinals.
and i wish we didnt have to play someone like the Cardinals in the Series.  

such a neutral team in my eyes.  I wouldve gotten real pleasure routing against Atlanta, New York, Philly, or even the Cubs.

ggw

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 ...Tuaca....
Are you a girl?

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2004, 05:07:00 pm »
and you'd probably K less than Bellhound

2nd base, I am surprisingly nimble footed [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 05:09:00 pm »
I would empty my bank account, and throw it into the Inner Harbor if it meant never hearing some asswad from Baltimore, New York, St. Louis, Japan etc chanting "1918" over and over again, whether its October or June......really, it rings in my ears after the games sometimes.

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2004, 05:11:00 pm »
Wasn't "1918" a Radiohead song?

I would empty my bank account, and throw it into the Inner Harbor if it meant never hearing some asswad from Baltimore, New York, St. Louis, Japan etc chanting "1918" over and over again, whether its October or June......really, it rings in my ears after the games sometimes.

redsock

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »
  Well being Born in 76 myself, I have seen the Cardinals lose twice in the series, when I was 9 in 85 and when I was 11 in 87. Both Series in which they led and then lost.  Both times key players were injured, just like this year.  And in 85 we even had a blatant bad call by an ump.  Yet nobody has said oh we are doomed in St. Louis.  Sorry if I sound bitter, but having waited for this since I was 11, the Red Sox mania has left a bitter taste in my mouth.  But I don't think of you as one of the bad Sox fans, those would be the people at Nanny O'Briens during Game 1 who assumed I was a Yankees fan because I was cheering for the Cardinals.
Well, also being born in 76, I just missed losing a heart-breaking series to the Reds in 75, and wasn't old enough to have experienced the tragedy of the 78 season with one Mr. Dent. But I was old enough to cry over Bill Buckner in 86. Sadly, I missed Pesky holding the ball in 46, and the heart break of losing out on the last day of the season in 49 and of course we were both too young to see your Cardinals, behind Bob Gibson, wipe out the sox in 7 games in 67.

I agree with Tom Hanks, nothing wrong with the fine fans of St. Louis, but its the Red Sox. Everyone is routing for them because the media has made them the perennial underdogs of all time. There are tons of bandwagon fans around town, but the true Sox fan isn't gonna hate the Cardinals fan, cause we've been there, a million time. We know what it's like to lose. That being said, what on earth made you go to an irish bar to watch the game? C'mon man, use your head.

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2004, 05:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

...Tuaca....
Are you a girl? [/b]
i was waiting for that one.

I like Goldschlager and Sam Adams

my girlfriend likes Heineken and Tuaca and mostly i just drink Tuaca when I'm drinking with her....saves from ordering two different shots.

i hate it to be honest, i dont like anything butterscotch or whatever that shit tastes like!

ratioci nation

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2004, 05:15:00 pm »
   That being said, what on earth made you go to an irish bar to watch the game? C'mon man, use your head.
Its just the bar my friends most often go to, and it was somebodys birthday, I normally stick to watching games at home.  It definitely would not be my first choice.

And I will add this and I will drop it, because I actually am excited for the game tonight.  Somebody just said to me regarding the game tonight --

"More romantic musings on 100 years of sucking....At least the old fuckers can't make it to St. Louis"

:D

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2004, 05:15:00 pm »
Tom Hanks would probably give the new Travis Morrison a 6.8 as well.

Well, also being born in 76, I just missed losing a heart-breaking series to the Reds in 75, and wasn't old enough to have experienced the tragedy of the 78 season with one Mr. Dent. But I was old enough to cry over Bill Buckner in 86. Sadly, I missed Pesky holding the ball in 46, and the heart break of losing out on the last day of the season in 49 and of course we were both too young to see your Cardinals, behind Bob Gibson, wipe out the sox in 7 games in 67.

I agree with Tom Hanks, nothing wrong with the fine fans of St. Louis, but its the Red Sox. Everyone is routing for them because the media has made them the perennial underdogs of all time. There are tons of bandwagon fans around town, but the true Sox fan isn't gonna hate the Cardinals fan, cause we've been there, a million time. We know what it's like to lose. That being said, what on earth made you go to an irish bar to watch the game? C'mon man, use your head. [/b]

redsock

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2004, 05:18:00 pm »

The point is, we've been waiting for a win for 86 years. Of which, this is only the 5th time we've actually made it here. In that same span, you've been to 10, and won 7, including 3 appearances in your lfietime, one of which you won. Please excuse us if we don't pass along a tissue to help you dry your eyes.
I am not a red sox fan, I dont cry over sports.  And you have not been waiting 86 years for anything.  So spare me the hyperbole. [/b]

Lookey here you part Brit wanker, when nearly every member of your family going back three generations has been waiting for a championship, and they are all actual fans, I think you can say you've earned the right to say "WE" have been waiting for 86 years. Too fuckin bad you feel left out. WE have earned the right to relish this moment, assuming we win of course. Not arrogance, but spiritual peace.