Author Topic: Sea Ray Roll Call....  (Read 4032 times)

Fico

Sea Ray Roll Call....
« on: October 26, 2004, 10:29:00 am »
Sea Ray is playing the talking head club in Baltimore tomorrow night...Cartel kicks things off..

http://www.talkingheadclub.com/

www.searaymusic.com  www.carteldc.com

Fico

Re: Sea Ray Roll Call....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
Hmmm I'm surprised nobody seems interested in this show..Sea Ray's record is pretty good and they did a nice job when they opened for the Stills a while back...

Jaguar, Sonick, it's Baltimore...you guys coming??

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
well, Fico

i was planning on coming, and perhaps i may.  i dont know.  

see, the problem is, its the World Series and Boston is in it.

if we lose tonight, I may go, since the Series wont be decided.  If we go up 3-0....nothing can pull me away from the game.

otherwise, i like the sound of your band, and i love Sea Ray. someone i have been trying to see for a while now...just unfortunate that its on Game 4 night.

we'll see though...

Fico

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 03:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  well, Fico

i was planning on coming, and perhaps i may.  i dont know.  

see, the problem is, its the World Series and Boston is in it.

if we lose tonight, I may go, since the Series wont be decided.  If we go up 3-0....nothing can pull me away from the game.

otherwise, i like the sound of your band, and i love Sea Ray. someone i have been trying to see for a while now...just unfortunate that its on Game 4 night.

we'll see though...
Being a card-caring Red SOx fan as long as I can remember believe me that I understand.. I still hope for Pedro to come out strong tonight..my dominican boys representing  :p   ..I guess I'll tape the game and try to find away of not knowing the score..aww who am I kidding...it's undoable!!

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
Red Sox will lose tonight...Pedro is pitching.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 04:26:00 pm »

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  I guess I'll tape the game and try to find away of not knowing the score..aww who am I kidding...it's undoable!!
especially if the game gets over early and i come running into the Talking head smelling like Goldschlager, Tuaca, and Sam Adams screaming something about a curse being over....

ratioci nation

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 04:30:00 pm »
What I don't get is that most of the younger red sox fans have been waiting for a world series 1 year longer than I have.  If the Cardinals lose this series should I be talking of a curse next year?  It is the curse of Keith Hernandez.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 04:33:00 pm »
Kevin Millar:

Favorite hobby: Riding Harleys
 Favorite musician: PHIL COLLINS

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  What I don't get is that most of the younger red sox fans have been waiting for a world series 1 year longer than I have.  If the Cardinals lose this series should I be talking of a curse next year?  It is the curse of Keith Hernandez.
and i truly believe unless you are a Sox fan, you have no idea what its like...

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 04:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Kevin Millar:

Favorite hobby: Riding Harleys
 Favorite musician: PHIL COLLINS
Rhett Miller

Favorite Hobby: trolling on internet chatboards
   Favorite musician: any guy with shaggy hair and a white t-shirt

ratioci nation

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 04:42:00 pm »
What year were you born?  The years between 1918 and then must have been tough.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »
Brandon Arroyo, big Dave Matthews fan!

The Florida native got into music during the alternative craze, with bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots his primary listening fare. Naturally, he performs a lot of tunes from those bands, as well as another favorite, Dave Matthews.

``It started off as a hobby,'' said Arroyo, ``but now it's definitely something to relax and let off frustration when I'm not pitching good.''

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 04:56:00 pm »

What year were you born?  The years between 1918 and then must have been tough. [/b]
I was born in 1977 sir.

and my uncle who from Massachusetts was born in 1953, and his father, who came with us to my first Sox game at Fenway in 1984, was born in I'd say the late 1920's.  

which pretty much dates us back really far.

If i had just watched the 86 series as my favourite team lost, oh well, it happens to someone every year....but not when you are 9 and everyone you know has to relive THIER past world series disappointments all over again.

really, having a family from Mass.....you feel like you've lived that long!

and trust me, i am well aware i havent been through half of what some of these poor people have!

redsock

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 04:56:00 pm »
The point is, we've been waiting for a win for 86 years. Of which, this is only the 5th time we've actually made it here. In that same span, you've been to 10, and won 7, including 3 appearances in your lfietime, one of which you won. Please excuse us if we don't pass along a tissue to help you dry your eyes.