Author Topic: Queens of the Stone Age  (Read 10168 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Queens of the Stone Age
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
  I got off my lazy but and checked their site...no word as of yet. However, I did see this little factoid "Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath is the new bassist"
I can't find that anywhere on their site.

eltee

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
One of their fans posted it in the comment area of the ticket section.

Random Citizen

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 05:22:00 pm »
I really hope you guys aren't taking that as fact.   :D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
  One of their fans posted it in the comment area of the ticket section.
Oh, well then, I'll alert the media.   :roll:

eltee

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2005, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  I really hope you guys aren't taking that as fact.    :D  
nope

ggw

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
Eagles of Death Metal are the opener, according to pollstar.

bearman🐻

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 07:11:00 pm »
This is going to be great...I cannot wait to hear the new record either.

Bags

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 07:20:00 pm »
Yeah, wasn't there supposed to be a DC101 presale today??  I had a meeting, so knew I couldn't give it a try, and had since forgotten about it.  Wondering what happened.

- EDIT -

Just tried, and here are all the answers:

Queens of the Stone Age
 Sunday, 3/27/05, 7:30PM EST  
 9:30 Club
 Washington, DC, USA  

There are no longer tickets available for this presale.  

This event is currently not available for sale through the web. It is scheduled to go onsale at: 02/10/05 10:00AM EST.

Bags

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2005, 07:29:00 pm »
Don't yell at me whoever yelled at me last time.  I've just seen this info on the presale in the "Just Announced" thread, though it makes a hell of a lot of sense to be in a QOTSA thread (which was the top thread when I got here.....)

distance

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2005, 08:50:00 pm »
i haven't gotten my ticket(s) yet so hopefully they'll still be available.

snailhook

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
i'm going to sound like an elitist asshole, but the best time i've seen queens of the stone age was in a tiny room in boston on the self-titled tour, around january 1999. this was when kyuss were still pretty unknown and the whole room was full of dirtbag bikers and stoners. they had strobe lights and smoke and were loud as hell. i still prefer the first record best.

over the years, i've seen them about five times now and i'm getting increasingly bored. i'm not anti-pop, but i think by adding poppier elements, they've become more accessible, and thus, more watered-down. the electricity isn't there for me anymore, and with nick gone, it'll probably have even less of an edge.

regardless, i'll be there, though i'll probably be working.

if you guys wanna see an incredible heavy/stoner show, check out earthride, unearthly trance, and pb army at the warehouse on february 26th.

^shameless plug^

dtqjr

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 01:36:00 am »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  i'm going to sound like an elitist asshole, but the best time i've seen queens of the stone age was in a tiny room in boston on the self-titled tour, around january 1999. this was when kyuss were still pretty unknown and the whole room was full of dirtbag bikers and stoners. they had strobe lights and smoke and were loud as hell. i still prefer the first record best.

over the years, i've seen them about five times now and i'm getting increasingly bored. i'm not anti-pop, but i think by adding poppier elements, they've become more accessible, and thus, more watered-down. the electricity isn't there for me anymore, and with nick gone, it'll probably have even less of an edge.

regardless, i'll be there, though i'll probably be working.

if you guys wanna see an incredible heavy/stoner show, check out earthride, unearthly trance, and pb army at the warehouse on february 26th.

^shameless plug^
Sounds like a great show.  Along with you I prefer the first album and have liked each subsequent one a little less.  I DL'd the new one last night and let's just say I'm hoping it grows on me.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 09:33:00 am »
the new album is okay i guess....still weaker than Rated R IMHO.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 09:47:00 am »
Kyuss ruled!  I spent a summer listening to nothing but Kyuss and Cop Shoot Cop.

Allen's wrench......It's all you get!

Originally posted by snailhook:
   this was when kyuss were still pretty unknown and the whole room was full of dirtbag bikers and stoners. they had strobe lights and smoke and were loud as hell. i still prefer the first record best.

bearman🐻

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Guess I'm in the minority that thinks that they are moving into a good direction. I found their first record to be too monotonous, even though I like some of the songs on there. Rated R was great, but Songs for the Deaf has rarely left my CD player for more than a week or 2 since it came out. Personally, I like melody...but there is still plenty of weight to their music. I saw QOTSA back in 1999 when they opened for Smashing Pumpkins and was thoroughly unimpressed...but I am always willing to give a second chance and loved Rated R. Needless to say, I still think they're going to be great without Nick (but I will miss his screaming).