Author Topic: Metroid and Wii  (Read 3252 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Metroid and Wii
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:45:00 am »
So anyone else playing this one?  Finished it yesterday after spending WAY to much time playing it.  Not such a  fan of games which require lots of jumping.  Also gave up on acquiring any upgrade that required morph ball jumping.   :mad:  

Anyone wanting to exchange Metroid friend certificates the Vinyl household Wii address is 8361 3028 9319 1124
T.Rex

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: Metroid and Wii
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:52:00 am »
I have a Wii... but no metroid.
nothx

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 08:57:00 am »
I cannot wait to get my Christmas bonus this year so I can get a wii.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
i seem to recall a Wii rollcall in the past, but i can't find the thread...

am very glad to have finished Metroid at least once, seeing as Guitar Hero III is due out next week.
T.Rex

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  I have a Wii... but no metroid.
"

i want to get fifa asap
o/\o

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:58:00 am »
So I've had this thing for damn near a year and still haven't done hardly anything with it...

Either way, my Wii code = 4233 0509 6035 1137
nothx

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
the interesting games on the wii have been pretty lacking until of late... way to many collections of mini-games... but with the arrival of the holiday buying season comes a boat load of new titles to choose from including dance dance revolution for the wii
T.Rex

distance

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 10:50:00 am »
i have a wii, but no metroid.  i never liked metroid too much in the first place (Though my girlfriend did) but neither of us are a fan of FPS or what metroid has turned into.

i'll post my code at a later time.  i don't have it written down currently.  we hardly play the wii anymore after getting a 360.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 10:57:00 am »
kosmette was a big fan of the GCN Metroids as well, she even has a t-shirt that says "I Am Samus".  i never got around to playing the earlier versions which i should now.  not a big fan of strictly fps's but the "adventure" nature of Metroids suits me.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
   Not such a  fan of games which require lots of jumping.  
So if you were Nintendo, wouldn't you sign a deal with "The Biggest Loser" and make the wii part of the exercise regimen?  Not that they need it, but this would make the wii sell like hot cakes.
27>34

El Jefe Design

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »
No Wii, no Metroid but I am playing by Nintendo DS and recently got the new Zelda game which is a ton of fun. I was a bit skeptical about using the touch screen for everything with this game but the way Nintendo did designed it made it fun experience. Much like the Wii, Nintendo is really making huge leaps ahead of the competition by making the games more interactive and no just about finger mashing.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Not such a  fan of games which require lots of jumping.  
So if you were Nintendo, wouldn't you sign a deal with "The Biggest Loser" and make the wii part of the exercise regimen?  Not that they need it, but this would make the wii sell like hot cakes. [/b]
Jumping as in that dreaded double button click to move between ledges, across greater distances, etc... Requires that extra level of dexterity I lack on occasion.  Plus, it's kinda of lazy game design along with continually having to blast crates for stuff.

There are some fitness based Wii titles in the offing
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 03:48:00 pm »
Zelda for the DS is on my list as well, kinda interested in the latest version of Worms on the DS as well because of being able to play others on the internet.
T.Rex

Chip Chanko

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 09:40:00 pm »
One of the best parts about the Wii...the ability to play gamecube games you missed. I'm currently doing Windwaker before I pick up Phantom Hourglass.

These next few months will make good use of friend codes w/ Guitar Hero III, Geometry Wars Galaxies, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

kosmette was a big fan of the GCN Metroids as well, she even has a t-shirt that says "I Am Samus".  i never got around to playing the earlier versions which i should now.  not a big fan of strictly fps's but the "adventure" nature of Metroids suits me.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 10:57:00 pm »
cough, Halo 3.