Author Topic: K of C at Iota  (Read 7014 times)

kcjones119

K of C at Iota
« on: January 31, 2005, 12:10:00 pm »
Anyone going to Kings of Convenience at Iota on Saturday?  Just trying to gauge the interest in it and figure out what time I'll need to get there to get in since I haven't been to Iota before.  It seems run similarly to the Black Cat Backstage bumrush.  Anyone had any problems or have some advice?

markie

Re: K of C at Iota
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
Go and eat there, it guarantees you will get in....

the food is OK.

Oh and cheers for the payola....

kcjones119

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
No prob, got the disc on saturday, it's pretty damn great.  Make sure you use the extra money to buy some nice things at Hot Topic.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
i may be there ... like their stuff alot ....
(o|o)

Mongo

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
Damn pissed I can't make it.  I've been wanting to see them for a while and Iota is really close too.  I would expect this one to sell out.  Be sure to make a reservation if plan on eating there and securing a ticket otherwise you will probably not get a table.

markie

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 03:11:00 pm »
You cannot make reservations for eating at iota. Its says so on their own website....

markie

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by kcjones119:
  Make sure you use the extra money to buy some nice things at Hot Topic.
Cool, I need some new jewllery for my nipple piercings... Its a shame you are going to this show instead of my birthday party or I would have shown you.  ;)

Bags

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Apparently the "no reservations" is a new policy -- I've done it numerous times in the past, but now there's a prohibition against it stated on the website.  Perhaps they've been burned by the policy -- too bad.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mongo:
  Damn pissed I can't make it.  I've been wanting to see them for a while and Iota is really close too.  I would expect this one to sell out.  Be sure to make a reservation if plan on eating there and securing a ticket otherwise you will probably not get a table.
no reservations ... i got there around 7pm for the colin meloy show (which i think had more buzz than KoC), and we got the last table in the restaurant, but there was plenty of time to get inside if you weren't eating ...
(o|o)

eltee

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 05:10:00 pm »
Yeah, I might be there. kcjones...check your PM

markie

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 05:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  i got there around 7pm for the colin meloy show (which i think had more buzz than KoC), and we got the last table in the restaurant, but there was plenty of time to get inside if you weren't eating ...
Were you in the window? We got there around the same time....

It was pretty quiet in the bar area till around 8-8.30, but it is difficult to judge how busy an act at iota will be.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 05:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Forumie Partie Markie:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  i got there around 7pm for the colin meloy show (which i think had more buzz than KoC), and we got the last table in the restaurant, but there was plenty of time to get inside if you weren't eating ...
Were you in the window? We got there around the same time....

It was pretty quiet in the bar area till around 8-8.30, but it is difficult to judge how busy an act at iota will be. [/b]
indeed i was.
(o|o)

freddyadu

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 10:05:00 pm »
won't they be afraid that people will just show up for the soundcheck thingy?  i am probably going to the under age gig, and unless they totally blow me away..then i wil probably skip the real show.

bellenseb

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 11:09:00 pm »
I imagine they'll ID for the soundcheck to make sure you're under 21. So, no, you could only get in to one or the other.

eltee

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 11:34:00 am »
Originally posted by bellenseb:
  I imagine they'll ID for the soundcheck to make sure you're under 21. So, no, you could only get in to one or the other.
I thought it was open to all ages.