Author Topic: The Passion of the Christ: please help me  (Read 22219 times)

Celeste

Re: The Passion of the Christ: please help me
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
I like happy love story endings...what can I say

Arthwys

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2005, 06:48:00 pm »
ggw....precisely what I was looking to reference after someone knocked me earlier for mentioning C.S. Lewis.  I would also suggest checking out "A Grief Observed"  it's basicaly Lewis writing in a journal all of his theological thoughts following the untimely death of the woman he had married only about 2 years before.  Chock full of things like..."how could God be such a sadist?"
Emrys

lionforce5

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »
I always liked The Screwtape Letters.

But that's me.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2005, 12:30:00 am »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  ggw....precisely what I was looking to reference after someone knocked me earlier for mentioning C.S. Lewis.  I would also suggest checking out "A Grief Observed"  it's basicaly Lewis writing in a journal all of his theological thoughts following the untimely death of the woman he had married only about 2 years before.  Chock full of things like..."how could God be such a sadist?"
I had to read a bunch of CS in a "philosophy and literature" course ... I thank god (or whatever higher power attacks mobile home parks with hurricanes and tornados) that i never have to read that blowhard again ...
(o|o)

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  I had to read a bunch of CS in a "philosophy and literature" course ... I thank god [...] that i never have to read that blowhard again ...
So, then which author/philosopher do you appropriate your theological worldview from?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Taipei Personality:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  I had to read a bunch of CS in a "philosophy and literature" course ... I thank god [...] that i never have to read that blowhard again ...
So, then which author/philosopher do you appropriate your theological worldview from? [/b]
Ludwig Feuerbach
(o|o)

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2005, 07:30:00 pm »
"God suffers â?? suffering is the predicate â?? but for men, for others, not for himself.
 What does that mean in plain speech? Nothing... "

God has a hard-on for suffering?  What a grand guignol dialectic your version of God has a weakness for.