Author Topic: Footie News: Thierry Henry signed to Barca  (Read 2676 times)

sacriforce

Footie News: Thierry Henry signed to Barca
« on: June 22, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »
for 24 million Euros

godsshoeshine

Re: Footie News: Thierry Henry signed to Barca
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »
is that really the number? wow

spammers were supposedly offering more than that for bent
o/\o

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:33:00 pm »

sacriforce

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
now I'm reading 32 mill US$ for 4 years.

I hope Wenger comes to Madrid now. And brings Cesc with him. yo 07/08 is gonna be AWESOME

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
that's around the same
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
What everyone needs to remember is Henry is not unlike Gerrard, he's a good player on a squad of average players so he looks so much better than he really is. (Watch Gerrard play for England to prove my point) Both Liverscum and Arseholes are two teams who achieve what they do because of their manager, not it's players....Chelski achieve what they do because of their squad inspite of their manager. Man Utd achieve what they do because of a combination of both....that is why Henry is only drawing the 24mill or whatever it is. Arsenal play beautiful football that is not effective against some teams...Bolton comes to mind, they can 'ugly' Arsenal out of a game if you know what I mean. I'm sure Henry will do well in Spain because it's a more open game so he'll get more time on the ball to work his magic. Of course had chelski shown an interest the price tag would've been more like 40-50 mil.

Barcelona

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »
The rumor in Barcelona is that we may lose Ronaldinho. That would be terrible news, imagine having Messi, Etoo, Ronaldinho, Henry, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta... that would be great. I don't understand how we always fail to keep the good players for more than three years.

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 07:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  The rumor in Barcelona is that we may lose Ronaldinho. That would be terrible news, imagine having Messi, Etoo, Ronaldinho, Henry, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta... that would be great. I don't understand how we always fail to keep the good players for more than three years.
Where is he rumored to be going?

Italy, perhaps?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »
i thought eto'o was the one that was leaving
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »
I think Milan will try to get Ronaldinho during the summer. I thought that with the arrival of Henry, maybe Etoo would be the one to leave, strong personality and apparently he doesn't get along too well with other players in the team. But this is to be seen, the press in Madrid will always try to find problems with Etoo in Barcelona, they don't like to see a former player of Real Madrid in Barcelona.

bnyced0

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 07:12:00 am »
  But this is to be seen, the press in Madrid will always try to find problems with Etoo in Barcelona, they don't like to see a former player of Real Madrid in Barcelona.
Or vice versa....Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Casillas...

Barcelona

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 08:48:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

But this is to be seen, the press in Madrid will always try to find problems with Etoo in Barcelona, they don't like to see a former player of Real Madrid in Barcelona.
Or vice versa....Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Casillas... [/b]
Roberto Carlos and Casillas never played for Barcelona, but it is true, in a way it happened with Ronaldo, but specially with Laudrup and Figo after they left Barcelona. However, the press in Madrid has a special case against Etoo playing for Barcelona, maybe because Etoo never wanted to leave Madrid but it was Madrid who got rid of him because at that time he wasn't a "galactico" like the Beckhams, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Raul... the guy thought that he was never given a chance to show how good he was.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 09:32:00 am »
What is Henry doing going to Barca anyway, I thought all the players in the twilight of their careers were heading stateside!  ;)

sacriforce

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »
They make a stop in Serie A first.

the Ronaldinho noise has been going on for a while but I just dont see it happenning. If anyone will leave, it's Eto'o. He's shown a flash of attitude not too long after coming back from his injury. And Joan LaPorta indirectly addressed that last week by talking about how the team will enforce a strict code of ethics and club loyalty. It is interesting tho that both Ronnie and TH like to attack from the left, although Ronnie can also play pretty much anywhere. This could be total football master class or a total flop. Can't wait to see tho.

As for Eto'o and Madrid: yeah we fucked up big time on him as well as Claude Makelele, Diego Milito ... the list makes me gnash my teeth ...

sacriforce

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  What everyone needs to remember is Henry is not unlike Gerrard, he's a good player on a squad of average players so he looks so much better than he really is. (Watch Gerrard play for England to prove my point)
I wholly disagree with the idea that Arsenal are a squad of average players. True, Bolton and West Ham have bogied their shit twice this year, but so have the Gunners Man U's game. And how many times did they spank out Liverpool? nah joe. Ineffective at times yes. But Average?