Author Topic: Which show was the biggest disapointment.  (Read 16052 times)

lily1

Re: Which show was the biggest disapointment.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2003, 11:08:00 pm »
tricky, 2001 (first time i had walked out of a show EVER)
 spiritualized, 2002 (second time i had walked out of a show)
 sigur ros, 2003

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2003, 11:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by sniper10:
  Echo and The Bunneymen at Recher's Theatre in Towson a few years back.

That lead singer SUCKS!
yeah right... do you suffer from craniuminarseholeitist?
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2003, 11:33:00 pm »
i'll fourth it. it was utter shit up in boston. i was shocked. as i had seen depeche mode live and they could pull off electronica based music beautifully but new order, utter shit. though this was in the early 90's.

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i'll third the miserable that first new order tour experience... they played detroit on quite possibly one of the hottest nights ever.  st andrews was packed to the gills it was 100+ degrees in club.  they band came on at the last possible minute to get in their hour long show before the 2am curfew.  disappointing for sure... come to think of it the other time i saw them live it was lousy.

lily1

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2003, 11:35:00 pm »
and i forgot sting, in 1996 in milan italy. he forgot the second stanza to englishman in new york!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by lily1:
  tricky, 2001 (first time i had walked out of a show EVER)
 spiritualized, 2002 (second time i had walked out of a show)
 sigur ros, 2003

lily1

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2003, 11:41:00 pm »
red hot chili peppers at lollapalooza in 1991 or was it 1992. all i know is that i was shocked at how bad their set was. so so so bad.

Sir HC

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2003, 10:43:00 am »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Christ, that was so long ago that I don't remember. The Beach and Blue Monday were about the only known songs at the time, and I mean before either were rereleased or remixed about a thousand times.
Cool,i saw them there on that tour and was wondering if it was the same gig.i remember being disapointed but thats about it.Saw excellent shows by The Furs(forever now tour) and The Cure(the Top tour) there before it shut down.PIL was a good show there as well. [/b]
So when did PiL go on?  That is my worst show as I didn't get to see the damn thing.  I assume Jah was gone by that time, or was he and (god forbid Levine) still with them.

Bags

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
I saw PIL play with B.A.D. around town somewhere -- I think a gym at GW.  Back around 91, 92.  PIL was good, B.A.D. was awful.  All the music was pre-recorded.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2003, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  I saw PIL play with B.A.D. around town somewhere -- I think a gym at GW.  Back around 91, 92.  PIL was good, B.A.D. was awful.  All the music was pre-recorded.
hey, was that was the 120 minutes tour?  i saw it back in san jose. . .with blind melon, live, pil and bad II. . .mainly wanted to see pil. . left during bad II.
OU812

bearman🐻

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2003, 01:40:00 pm »
I'd have to say that I've always wanted to see New Order and everyone I know says they suck live...but their live at Finsbury Park DVD contains some of my favorite New Order/Joy Division music ever, even if Barney has to read most of the lyrics off a teleprompter. He did a great job with vocals on "She's Lost Control" and "Transmission". The live versions of "Regret" and "Your Silent Face" are so good I don't even listen to the studio versions anymore. Echo & the Bunnymen at the Recher was a GREAT show! And what a setlist to boot...that show kicked ass.

Jaguär

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2003, 02:03:00 pm »
I heard that New Order were great at Merriweather(or wherever it was) many years later but I missed that one. All depends when you catch them, it seems. I've heard a lot about the same problems with Primal Scream. Both bands put out great records but too often suck live, mostly because they can't control their substance intake. Heard the same report from London a couple years ago when Bobby Gillespe came out onstage to play Rock The Shack with New Order after Get Ready was released. Supposedly, Bobby was completely trashed, along with the others, and the show sucked it.

Sir HC

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2003, 02:28:00 pm »
Saw New Order at Merriweather and at DAR.  Both shows were great, Merriweather better because they let you stand and move about.  The Merriweather show (or was it two shows?) was New Order, PiL, and Sugarcubes I think (reverse order).  They were pro by then not getting plowed first.

pepsi..taste it

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2003, 08:02:00 pm »
cake at 930

yawn fest sing along...

plus that dood has no stage presence

free tix, bad show
 at least i didnt have to pay

Barcelona

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2003, 08:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by pepsi..tatse it:
  cake at 930

yawn fest sing along...

plus that dood has no stage presence

free tix, bad show
 at least i didnt have to pay
Actually, I think they are not that bad when they play live. However, Cake is a band with some very good songs (50% of their songs) and some mediocre songs (50%) that tends to put mostly mediocre songs in their live shows.

pepsi..taste it

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2003, 08:38:00 pm »
to bad the singer has no stage presence....

Barcelona

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2003, 03:14:00 pm »
Forgot to mention Pavement in Raleigh in 1999. One of the bands I respect the most, but would have rather seen them in the early mid nineties.