Author Topic: Most Predictable News. Ever.  (Read 3346 times)

ggw

Most Predictable News. Ever.
« on: October 29, 2003, 02:05:00 pm »
SCOTT WEILAND Busted For Driving Under The Influence - Oct. 29, 2003

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and misdemeanor hit-and-run following a traffic collision that occurred in Hollywood Monday morning, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal.

The singer, who turned 36 on Oct. 27, was driving alone near the corner of Melrose and Orange avenues at approximately 6:30 a.m. when he lost control of his BMW and struck several parked cars. He allegedly attempted to leave the scene of the accident and was quickly apprehended by police.

Weiland was released from jail Monday afternoon after posting $15,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned in Los Angeles Municipal Court on November 17.

Prior to his latest arrest, Weiland had completed most of the drug testing and counseling required after he pleaded no contest in August to two felony drug-possession charges. Judge Colette Serio told the singer in a Pasadena, California, court last week that he may remain free while he tries to kick his habit, but that could change should he not test clean. He was due back in court for another progress report in January.

http://app1.lasd.org/iic/details.cfm?bkgval=%27%26%3AW%2F%250C%2D%3FP%20%20%0A

PR_GMR

Re: Most Predictable News. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »
No shit, ggw. Does Scott Weiland win the award for 'Best Rock-n-roll fuck up ever' or what?   :p  

Seriously, if you ever get depressed... just think to yourself: 'At least I'm not Scott Weiland.'   :cool:

mankie

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by PR_GMR:
  No shit, ggw. Does Scott Weiland win the award for 'Best Rock-n-roll fuck up ever' or what?    :p  

I think that award was taken by Curt Cobain.

PR_GMR

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 02:18:00 pm »
I think that award was taken by Curt Cobain.
You do have a point there, mankie. Weiland's 'Best living rock-n-roll fuck up' then.   :p

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 02:25:00 pm »
What about Shane MacGowan?  Heard once he was getting off the bus and whipped it out and started pissing on the band and anyone else around.  I think his saving grace is he probably doesn't know how to drive.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 02:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  What about Shane MacGowan?  Heard once he was getting off the bus and whipped it out and started pissing on the band and anyone else around.  I think his saving grace is he probably doesn't know how to drive.
If Shane, God bless him, did it then I'm sure they deserved it.  ;)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 03:16:00 pm »
Scott Weiland is such a loser.  That idiot couldn't jaywalk without getting arrested.

broadkat

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 03:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:
  Scott Weiland is such a loser.  That idiot couldn't jaywalk without getting arrested.
Weiland's mind:  "Hey, at least it's press other than, 'STP are talentless wankers'"

Weiland's mouth:  "Pass the straw"

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 03:49:00 pm »
but isnt rock and roll kinda boring without people like him?

Indie bands make the good music, rock star bands make the good headlines.  

balances out.  I met Scott one time and boy is he a character.

flawd101

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 04:26:00 pm »
we'll see this story again soon, SCOTT WEILAND does this type of thing more than i have one-ways.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2003, 07:29:00 pm »
Scott Weiland?  Is he still alive?

That video Flies In The Vaseline is rather good, IMHO.  I especially like seeing STP surfing in front of the oil refinery at Seal Beach, California.  "Hey, I know that beach."

Barcelona

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 07:41:00 pm »
Mankie, pick one Pogues album. It is a tough choice, in my case I guess "If I should Fall From Grace with God". But I still think that Hell's Ditch is an amazing album.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2003, 07:41:00 pm »
i guess scott needed some publicity...

and kurt cobain, like elliott smith, was haunted by many demons.... including suffering from some severe stomach pain which ran in the family.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 07:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  we'll see this story again soon, SCOTT WEILAND does this type of thing more than i have one-ways.
It's more like we're going to see Scott Weiland RIP soon.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 07:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Mankie, pick one Pogues album. It is a tough choice, in my case I guess "If I should Fall From Grace with God". But I still think that Hell's Ditch is an amazing album.
Greatest hits!  ;)  

Actually I may have to pick Rum, Sodomy and the Lash...then tomorrow it could be Fall from Grace.