Author Topic: New friend alert  (Read 3744 times)

Bags

New friend alert
« on: October 29, 2003, 10:09:00 pm »
okay, now I need new friends.  My most fun one is moving.

This is when I hate DC.

Jaguär

Re: New friend alert
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 10:15:00 pm »
Come join Kosmo and I tomorrow night at The Mojo for the first installment of the IPO Festival. We're friendly.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 10:21:00 pm »
And you have excellent taste, as well!  Can't tomorrow, a friend is in from Tanzania.  But sometime soon -- I have to get out to Mojo or Ottobar one of these days!

poorlulu

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 10:24:00 pm »
but the real question is ............

are you brave enough to meet the resident board loons......?

we are a pretty harmless bunch...........mostly  ;)

Bags

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 10:35:00 pm »
Well, there are a couple folks who make me nervous....but generally, what the hell, right?

My bummer is that i've been in DC with no one to go to shows with, and it SUCKS and I basically missed out on a few years of stuff.  Not sure I'd do that again, but it can be a drag to be off to shows alone too often.  I haven't needed to do it, and the thought of it sucks.

While it's just one friend now, he's the most fun, and I know a couple others are trying to get out of DC.....

I think I'm the loon, LuLu, for loving DC (until folks leave!).

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 10:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  And you have excellent taste, as well!  Can't tomorrow, a friend is in from Tanzania.  But sometime soon -- I have to get out to Mojo or Ottobar one of these days!
:D  

Are you going to the British Sea Power/Phaser show next Friday? Some of us will be there. Then others will be at the 9:30 Club for BDB. Should be a promising night.

poorlulu

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 10:42:00 pm »
i love dc too............and i know for a fact i'm a loon..........

i'm sure i'll see you at a show in the very near future.........

i may even let you buy me a beer...........i'm very generous that way...........  :p

Jaguär

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 10:47:00 pm »
You think it's tough trying to find friends in DC to go to shows with, try living in Baltimore and doing that. Now that totally sucks! Plus we Baltiloons are the ones who usually have to make that long trek along 295 or 95. I've missed a ton of shows because of that though I've learned to go to shows by myself. Often, I meet up with other loons, which is like going to see a show with a friend.

You know, this board has become like a loon support group.    :D

Hello. My name is Jaguar and I'm a loon.

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 10:51:00 pm »
There's always the return of Smackie....

November 13 or 14.  Mark your calendars.
27>34

poorlulu

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 10:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

be afraid ............be very afraid..............

Jaguär

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2003, 11:01:00 pm »
I really need to move to DC. At least for the next 2 or 3 weeks. My car can't take much more of this.

thenotebookgirl

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 11:02:00 pm »
http://www.friendster.com

"You are connected to 309,055 people in your Personal Network, through 11 friends."

You can pretend that you're friends with all of them.

On a different note, Blink 182 & Bubba Sparx followed by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. How fascinating.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2003, 11:11:00 pm »
I'm outta town all next weekend, otherwise I'd be at Sea Power.  instead I'm hitting Echo & The Bunnymen by myself at the Filmore.

What's Smackie hitting when he comes into town?

I feel for you, Jag.  Though there are great shows in B'more, D.C.'s pretty much a hub.  But, as you see from another thread, it's quite a sacrifice for me to *drive* to a Baltimore show.  No pints!  I will, though.  Great stuff is out there (oy, like the Fleshtones this past Friday!!??!!)

lily1

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 11:28:00 pm »
start prepping your livers. i'm sure it will be a very alcohol prevalant smackie reunion.  :D

QUOTE]Originally posted by poorlulu:

Originally posted by vansmack:

be afraid ............be very afraid.............. [/b][/QUOTE]

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2003, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  I'm outta town all next weekend, otherwise I'd be at Sea Power.  instead I'm hitting Echo & The Bunnymen by myself at the Filmore.

What's Smackie hitting when he comes into town?

I've actually had to bow out of that Echo show do to the high number of other shows in the SF area.  Sorry.  If I change my mind (again), I'll let you know but the Mars Volta, the Shins and Modest Mouse, and Death Cab have all taken precedence over seeing Echo for the 5th time.

As for the reunion tour, I haven't decided where we can all meet up yet as I haven't decided if I'm flying in on Wednesday or Thursday, but as soon as I know.....
27>34