Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 177175 times)

taperkat

Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2007, 12:47:00 am »
I can only fucking hope. I'm trying to convince my BF to go for tickets too; if we would both get, we'd both have an extra as it were.

My 17 year old inner fangirl is frothing at the mouth atm. =/

redbreegull

« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2007, 01:44:00 am »
Uh, so in the waiting room do you just sit or do you refresh your browser? I'm confused.

superfuzz33

« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2007, 01:50:00 am »
So whats the best method?  I know we are all trying but really?  Better to refresh your browser manually as much as you can or wait the 30 secs?  And is it a random selection like i've read?  Or is there more of a set line?

jm9843

« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2007, 03:44:00 am »
I hope the 9:30 club isn't going to bitch about the bands new open taping policy..

A qoute from Billy Corgan:

"Also, a clear declaration of our new open-source taping policy...everyone is welcome to tape at our shows in whatever capacity they see fit...anyone is welcome and invited to document using audio, video, or picture cameras (cell phones are welcome)...although we do reserve the right to refuse anyone at anytime (especially if we feel the reason for recording is not for entirely altruistic)...God bless"

Source.

Any mods or 9:30 employees care to comment on this?

azaghal1981

« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2007, 03:48:00 am »
Taper-friendly bands play the 930 club all the time. Some that even let you patch out of the soundboard.

I'm sure the staff is well aware of every band who plays there's taping policy or lack there of.
احمد

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2007, 04:47:00 am »
the band sets the photo/audio/video policy.  we enforce what they ask for.

bnyced0

« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:

Originally posted by bnyced0:

Originally posted by bugmenot:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/?node=cityguide/profile&id=1140410&venueid=796196  
OK and I have a bounty on Fritz Hanz's scalp, not only does he announce the phreekin show, but he makes it editors choice, provides onsale date AND time, and encourages people to blow off V Fest?!  

:mad:    

Another on the long list of those dead to me,  since when did the washington post report NEWS     :confused:   [/b]
And you don't think there won't be a HUGE mention of it in the full page 9:30 Club ad in the City Paper on Thursday thereby informing people? [/b]
Alright already my list is getting full, I only have so much hatred to go around.   I'm hoping most people have taken thursday and friday off to have a long 5 day weekend/vacation and won't bother reading a damn thing.

Darth Ed

« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »
Got the e-mail blast last night. My socks were knocked off when I read the Subject: header. It's a dream come true. First the iPhone was released last Friday and now the Smashing Pumpkins are playing the 9:30 Club. If anyone needs proof of God's existence, you need look no further than these two miraculous events.  ;)

I've been hoping for a PM from evilsanta, but nothing yet. I'm guessing we'll all have to try for tickets like the rest of the plebs.

I only need a single ticket. If any boardie (or multiple boardies?) in a similar situation want(s) to team-up to get tickets, please let me know via PM or whatever. I expect to be online well before 9:59am on Friday, hitting the refresh key until I get in or it sells out.

If my Dylan quasi-secret show experience at getting tickets is any portent, then I'd expect we all roughly have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket. Then again, I don't think the Dylan show had a non-transferable will-call policy, so maybe that will help with the odds this time.

opack420

« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »
can anyone give me some advice on what to do if I get stuck in the virtual waiting room, I've never had to deal with that before

pompandcircumstance

« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
I am all about teaming up! This would be a dream come true!!! I'll have atleast four people up and running on 7/6, just hope that we get through! Hit me up PM style if anyone is interested!!!

Pomp and circumstance

Tom Servo

« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »
If this is indeed the policy for this one, then I have to think that everyone's chances of getting tix go way up.  Will-call only, photo ID, 2 ticket limit.  That's pretty fan friendly.  Scalpers would at least need to get off the couch and come to the club themselves...

Originally posted by bnyced0:

2 ticket limit for this event per household, customer, credit card number and email address. Patrons who exceed the ticket limit will have their order cancelled automatically. All tickets non-transferable. No name changes for will-call once order is complete. All sales will-call only. Tickets will be available for pick up night of show only. Photo ID required.

.....but that policy is nice!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
What's more, if it's like the asheville/SF shows, it's not only will-call only, but you have to enter IMMEDIATELY and never even get "tickets" just the stubs, so you can't get your tickets from the window and go around the corner and sell them to someone else. The ticketholder must, at least, enter the concert and use one of the two tickets.

danknugz

« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »
i've seen this question asked, but not answered: So when you're in the virtual waiting room, you just sit tight, or keep refreshing the page??

lukiedookie89

« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2007, 01:07:00 am »
Also do you guys think it will be significantly more difficult to pull up 2 tickets, as opposed to just one?

redbreegull

« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2007, 03:46:00 am »
Ok, here goes. Since this has been asked 11 times and not answered once:

WHEN YOU ARE IN THE VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM DO YOU SIT TIGHT OR KEEP REFRESHING?