Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 177172 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2007, 08:01:00 am »
why doesn't someone contact tickets.com?
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2007, 10:03:00 am »
Should I tip pitchfork about the show ?  :)

Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Alright already my list is getting full, I only have so much hatred to go around.   I'm hoping most people have taken thursday and friday off to have a long 5 day weekend/vacation and won't bother reading a damn thing.
(_|_)

Shadrach

« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2007, 10:04:00 am »
Originally posted by redbreegull:
  Ok, here goes. Since this has been asked 11 times and not answered once:

WHEN YOU ARE IN THE VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM DO YOU SIT TIGHT OR KEEP REFRESHING?
From Tickets.com: You should sit tight.  It shows you how many seconds the page will refresh in.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Originally posted by redbreegull:
  Ok, here goes. Since this has been asked 11 times and not answered once:

WHEN YOU ARE IN THE VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM DO YOU SIT TIGHT OR KEEP REFRESHING?
From Tickets.com: You should sit tight.  It shows you how many seconds the page will refresh in. [/b]
Well, I wouldn't really expect tickets.com to say "Keep hitting "refesh" as fast as possible."

I can refresh the page about 100 times in the 30 seconds it takes the waiting room to refresh it.  But does that help my chances or hurt them?

MistressKelly

« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2007, 11:10:00 am »
What I wonder is, "If everyone who needs just one ticket buys just one ticket, won't all we listees have a better chance to see the show?"

This concerns me particularly because of the potential "stubs only, no reselling around the corner scenario."  If you wanted to pass on the ticket at, face and fees, to another listee, how do you do it without a shortlist of contact numbers, code words, etc.

We have multiple people offering generously to pass on their extras but no real way for an  assignment/hierarchy system.  What is Kosmo's extra is promised to Bags who's also on Eddie's list along with a reciprocal trade agreement with Charlie, etc.

Lastly, any official word on direct 9:30 Club telephone sales at 10:00am?

Cheers,

Kelly

Darth Ed

« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mistress Kelly:
  What I wonder is, "If everyone who needs just one ticket buys just one ticket, won't all we listees have a better chance to see the show?"

This concerns me particularly because of the potential "stubs only, no reselling around the corner scenario."  If you wanted to pass on the ticket at, face and fees, to another listee, how do you do it without a shortlist of contact numbers, code words, etc.

We have multiple people offering generously to pass on their extras but no real way for an  assignment/hierarchy system.  What is Kosmo's extra is promised to Bags who's also on Eddie's list along with a reciprocal trade agreement with Charlie, etc.
I'm by no means an expert in game theory, but I have seen the movie A Beautiful Mind and I think it's likely a Nash equilibrium with improved group efficiency is possible through cooperative ticket purchasing.    :)  
 P.S. I have a board buddy that I'm teaming up with.

bnyced0

« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

Cheers,

Kelly
You are likely correct, I would love if they just made the policy one ticket per person but I don't want to enrage those who feel as though they must go to a show with someone though if they only had a single ticket they would certainly be going with lots of people.  I nearly always only buy one ticket for just about ever gig I attend, but that's just me I have zero problem heading to gigs alone, because once you walk through the door that ceases to be the case.

distance

« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
i went to asheville alone, i wouldn't have a problem with going to 930 alone (which it's not like i haven't done this many times), if i can get a ticket.

superfuzz33

« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »
I'd go myself but...people traveling there from say Pittsburgh, like myself, have a 3 and a half hour drive back...and doing it yourself at when its 1AM kinda blows.

eltee

« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  If my Dylan quasi-secret show experience at getting tickets is any portent, then I'd expect we all roughly have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket.
Dylan fans move a little slower and aren't frothing at the mouth like this crowd. ;)
 I just need a single as well.

Shadrach

« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »

Cheers,

Kelly
We do not do direct telephone sales, never have, never will. That's what Tickets.com is for.

MistressKelly

« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
Well I go to almost all shows (9:30 and otherwise) alone.  Invariably when I buy more than one ticket, someone bails on me.  I end up being the petulant one standing out front.

So, who wants to be my partner in Pumpkins crime?  WonderTicketTwin Powers!  Activate!

Kelly

bnyced0

« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2007, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Cheers,

Kelly
We do not do direct telephone sales, never have, never will. That's what Tickets.com is for. [/b]
Perhaps the more accurate question would be if Tickets.com phone orders will be available for this show, but I guess if they were they would come from the same pool and thus evaporate by 10:00 and 30 seconds?

MistressKelly

« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »
Well, I called the Tickets.com 800 number and they said they didn't have the show listed in their system for phone sales.  The woman seemed very nice, but a little shaky on the logistics of the show.  "You could try the venue box office... (closed 'til noon)  Maybe it's just an internet sale."  (More likely)

Le sigh,

Kelly

distance

« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2007, 02:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by superfuzz33:
  I'd go myself but...people traveling there from say Pittsburgh, like myself, have a 3 and a half hour drive back...and doing it yourself at when its 1AM kinda blows.
i've done that plenty of times, driving home from chapel hill.

i've driven anywhere from 4-6 hours after a show, but i just can't do that stuff anymore.

3 hours after-show is where i have to draw the line anymore..