Author Topic: anyone else wanna beat the piss out of rhett?  (Read 9541 times)

Bags

Re: anyone else wanna beat the piss out of rhett?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 11:06:00 am »
Rhett has calmed down his rhetoric massively recently; he's gone from incendiary to contrary, and there's a big difference between the two (unless I'm missing something this thread is reacting to in particular).  Actually, it's been more nuanced Rhett for some time now.  Not sure if it's by design or age & marriage are mellowing him, but he's certainly less worthy of a slug...

Not that Rhett cares about what I think, but gotta give credit where credit is due.  Still, no, I don't see us shooting the shit over a beer anytime soon.

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 11:09:00 am »
Wait til the board Xmas Party. When I introduce myself as another board member, and have a 15 min conversation with you and you don't even know it's me.

Originally posted by Bags:
  Rhett has calmed down his rhetoric massively recently; he's gone from incendiary to contrary, and there's a big difference between the two (unless I'm missing something this thread is reacting to in particular).  Actually, it's been more nuanced Rhett for some time now.  Not sure if it's by design or age & marriage are mellowing him, but he's certainly less worthy of a slug...

Not that Rhett cares about what I think, but gotta give credit where credit is due.  Still, no, I don't see us shooting the shit over a beer anytime soon.

Bags

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 11:11:00 am »
By the way, I got that Jesusland map on Wed and it's my fave so far.  I couldn't find a link, though, and don't know how to post a plain old jpeg on my computer.  Glad it got up...it's the friggin' truth!

Barcelona

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 11:25:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  all those in favor of deleting this thread say yes... it's counterproductive and scares away newbies.
I would delete the first post, I agree it is not good to have that kind of threatening messages. However, the thread seems to be redirecting itself into a fun one, as usual, where we may end up talking about the religious right, baseball, soccer, the board member who is selling the Pixies ticket on ebay, Guided by Voices, abortion, or who knows what.

Bags

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
 the board member who is selling the Pixies ticket on ebay
Hey, yah, what's up with that?   ;)  

GUIDED BY VOICES 4Ever!!!

ratioci nation

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 11:29:00 am »
no just until december   :confused:

markie

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 11:30:00 am »
Rhett has been very well behaved recently.

Besides, threatening bodily harm to someone who says something you dont like is a bit playskool.

Deleting threads and posts is a slippery slope. It encourages the Marquees of the world to constantly push the limits of good taste.....

Bags

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:

no just until december    :p

Barcelona

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 11:32:00 am »

the board member who is selling the Pixies ticket on ebay
Hey, yah, what's up with that?    ;)  

GUIDED BY VOICES 4Ever!!! [/b]
They are from Dayton, Ohio, aren't they? I also blame them for the electoral loss in Ohio.

Celeste

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by tinygee:
  bored, thought this would be an interesting topic. plus i wanna see how many people hate this jackoff....with all his smart ass negativ remarks he completely deserves this thread...and rhett next show you go to let me know, id like to meet you and possibly break a bottle on your fat head.
[playskool] I am Rhett's wife and I recently gained 5 pounds and am at now at my fighting weight, so fuck off or I'll kick your ass you little pussy. [/playskool]

thirsty moore

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 11:34:00 am »
You should blame the Wright Brothers as well, and your beloved Deal twins.

They are from Dayton, Ohio, aren't they? I also blame them for the electoral loss in Ohio.

Barcelona

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  You should blame the Wright Brothers as well, and your beloved Deal twins.

[/b]
You are right, I was joking, I will have to start including those instant gremlins (I hate them).

markie

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Celeste:
  ] I am Rhett's wife and I recently gained 5 pounds  
PORKY MIDGET!!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
Don't even go there, you scroungy hooka.

Originally posted by Celeste:

Originally posted by tinygee:
  bored, thought this would be an interesting topic. plus i wanna see how many people hate this jackoff....with all his smart ass negativ remarks he completely deserves this thread...and rhett next show you go to let me know, id like to meet you and possibly break a bottle on your fat head.
[playskool] I am Rhett's wife and I recently gained 5 pounds and am at now at my fighting weight, so fuck off or I'll kick your ass you little pussy. [/playskool] [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2004, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  So Sonick did you ever find out when the announce the MVP and Cy Youngs?
no sir. I posed the question on another thread, to Smackie.  however, all i got was some stupid rambling answer from Rob which in no part told me when the announcements were to be made.

and that was that.

so, does anyone know?