Author Topic: Caption This  (Read 8686 times)

Guiny

Re: Caption This
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2004, 05:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
   Because Bush comes across as being stupid, it is difficult to have any confidence in his judgement or leadership.
Sad thing is, he's probably smarter than all of us on this board put together times thirteen. Well maybe not as smart as Flawd since he has come a long ways with his spelling the last four to six months.

markie

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2004, 05:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  ]Sad thing is, he's probably smarter than all of us on this board put together times thirteen.  
Do you really believe that?

So the making up words, malapropisms and stupid comments are just to put him in touch with the common American?

Guiny

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2004, 05:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
 So the making up words, malapropisms and stupid comments are just to put him in touch with the common American? [/QB]
Bill Clinton put himself in touch with the common American when he committed Adultry.   ;)

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2004, 05:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  as for the war, well, it was approved by congress, and supported by one john kerry.
Actually it wasn't.  Congress never voted on a Declaration of War against Iraq. The Senate voted to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.

Anybody see any problems there?
27>34

saco

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2004, 06:01:00 pm »
I'll take George Soros over Richard Mellon Scaife anytime.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/scaifemain050299.htm

ratioci nation

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
well I got busy after posting so couldn't continue the discussion, glad it did not get too nasty, and I was not playing a war card, I think both sides are hypocrites, I just dislike Bush more

ratioci nation

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2004, 06:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Absolutely.  

Do you really think that any member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracyâ?¢ would have passed up a chance to crucify Slick Willie for lying under oath? Regardless of the subject of the lie.

the fact that it involved sex allowed them to get the traction they needed with their consituency, if it had been a lie about an arcane bureaucratic issue it would not have ended in impeachment

my dad carries a member of the Right Wing conspiracy card and thinks it is funny, I am just glad he does not have the right to vote

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2004, 07:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  heh, it's hard to have a coherent conversation with the type of people who think an illicit BJ is worse than starting an illicit war.
i'm stirring it given what takes place after this comment... but that free conservative forum i got unfortunately exposed to because of the skinny puppy discussion a few months back, i really wonder about how people think sometime.  when you find an anti-american message in finding nemo WTF...

exactly what did bush do when he took on "Big Hollywood" while guvener in texas?

last night i really began to wonder if via the use of the internet if people could mount a viable third party write in campaign.  seeing as it appears that republican message machine is having a field day with everything being offered up by the dems.  protests in nyc, kerry's record...

and just who would one want as a viable third party candidate...  i would someone whose political but outside the party system. because a person like perot would never be an effective president because he use to being able to order people around, something which can't be done with congress.  

oh screw it... it's to tough to create a platform, etc that would pull enough people together.
T.Rex

flawd101

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2004, 10:11:00 pm »
i think i just saw that lady during arnold's speech.  glad to know he loves Nixon...

i enjoyed arnold's jokes....true lies....ahaha...

only person that makes less pronounciation mistakes than GW.

scrubs was funny. heather grahmn is hot....

he's doing redneck jokes except its you know your a republican...

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2004, 11:31:00 pm »
That reminds me of Gore Vidal's comment regarding Kerry:

"He looks like Abraham Lincoln. . .after the assassination."

hitman

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2004, 01:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  heh, it's hard to have a coherent conversation with the type of people who think an illicit BJ is worse than starting an illicit war.
yeah, who ever got killed getting, or giving a BJ?

hitman

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2004, 01:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  i do believe that perjury is a criminal offense punishable by time served in prison.  as for the war, well, it was approved by congress, and supported by one john kerry.
And Bush certainly didn't lie about the reasoning for going into Irag.  Where are those WMD's again?  Let alone the fact that yeah Hussein was a wordly asshole/dictator, but are we now going to go after everyone of them in the world?  North Korea has nuclear capabilities, Iraq didn't.  Iran is on the verge of having them as well.  This seemed to have been a continuation of a pissing contest that was started by W's father a while back.

ggw

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2004, 09:25:00 am »
I love how George W. Bush can be cast simultaneously (and often by the same person) as both a complete moron and a genius capable of singlehandedly fooling the world into believing Hussein had WMDs.

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2004, 09:30:00 am »
I can't believe how someone as bright as you can support GW Bush. I'm not one to dismiss all Republicans in one fell swoop, some Republicans would probably make good presidents. I just don't see how anyone can support the current one.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I love how George W. Bush can be cast simultaneously (and often by the same person) as both a complete moron and a genius capable of singlehandedly fooling the world into believing Hussein had WMDs.

Guiny

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2004, 09:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I can't believe how someone as bright as you can support GW Bush. I'm not one to dismiss all Republicans in one fell swoop, some Republicans would probably make good presidents. I just don't see how anyone can support the current one.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Well I support him because I couldnt Imagine supporting that putz Al Gore. If Kerry wins, then I'll support him because he won........period.