Author Topic: Good news/Bad news  (Read 6149 times)

mankie

Re: Good news/Bad news
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

i think it's more like basketball. . .since you can't move when you grab the pea. [/b]
bouncey-catchy then...but how does a frisbee bounce? Or is THAT what makes it ultimate?

BlueEyedAndDangerous

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by Sir HC:
  They have on the listserver from the Ottobar/Mission Media:
 Thursday November 13th
 Swervedriver
 The Roy Owens Jr. (ex Magnapop & Crooked Fingers)
 and Equus

as opposed to the Ottobar site with the "Adam Franklin from" added.  Could see some people quite pissed going to that show.
Yeah, the Velvet Lounge did the same dumb thing on their Free Beer email in the upcoming shows section. In The Ottobar's defense, they did specify in all of their other listings I've seen forever that it was Adam Franklin of Swervedriver. I think the Velvet Lounge has the distiction on their site but not everyone will check there. At least it's a full band rather than the acoustic version from his past.

Are you planning on going? If so, which venue? [/b]
I got fool. (But not as bad as people who went to see Ladytron at Electrotease, and it was just one of the chick's DJing)
 I think I will still go to see just Adam at Velvet Lounge.

Can someone post the Velvet Lounge website.
 Thanks!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
http://www.velvetloungedc.com/

You may also want to check out a band called Toshack Highway, one of Adam's other projects. Nice band but a tiny bit more Rhett accessible.

Jaguär

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2003, 03:20:00 pm »
Good news: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club US tour in the New Year.

Bad news: 5,000+ seat arenas. DAMN! Looks like I'll miss them yet again!!!   :mad:    :mad:    :mad:  

TOP ACTS SET TO JOIN THE CLUB!

BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB have revealed exclusively to NME.COM plans to perform a special US tour in the New Year with three of the most exciting bands in the world.

Bassist Robert Turner is the driving force behind the jaunt which he hopes could take place in 5,000 seater-venues across the States.

"The Strokes could possibly be on there," drummer Nick Jago told NME.COM. "We're not sure yet but it'll be along those lines. The Rapture and The Libertines are likely to be on the list. We're just trying to work something out. But we definitely want to tour America again so we can hit the market that we missed last time we toured."

SPARX

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2003, 05:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by saco:
 [QB] The two times I have been to the Ottobar in recent weeks, including last night to see The Supersuckers(!) the headliner started around midnight.  Both times they were pretty close to their posted set times.

How were the Suckers?One of my favorite live acts,always energetic and witty.

saco

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2003, 05:43:00 pm »
suckers were at the same time energentic and witty.  Seriously, great show. Other than the first time I saw them in Austin, this was the best show I have seen them do...if for no other reason than it was more than an hour.  The previous two occassions at Fletchers and the Black Cat were WAY too short.

Originally posted by SPARX:

[QB] The two times I have been to the Ottobar in recent weeks, including last night to see The Supersuckers(!) the headliner started around midnight.  Both times they were pretty close to their posted set times.

How were the Suckers?One of my favorite live acts,always energetic and witty. [/b]

SPARX

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
 [QB] suckers were at the same time energentic and witty.  Seriously, great show. Other than the first time I saw them in Austin, this was the best show I have seen them do...if for no other reason than it was more than an hour.  The previous two occassions at Fletchers and the Black Cat were WAY too short.

How was the new drummer?

saco

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2003, 06:22:00 pm »
                                                                                             How was the new drummer? [/QB]
He was very good, though I'm obviously out of the loop...what the hell happened to Dancing Eagle??

Samantha

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2003, 06:28:00 pm »
good news:  I gotta new car!!

bad news:  it's a corolla

SPARX

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2003, 06:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:

Good gas mileage though right?How's the stereo and heat/AC?

SPARX

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2003, 06:33:00 pm »

How was the new drummer? [/b]
He was very good, though I'm obviously out of the loop...what the hell happened to Dancing Eagle?? [/QB]
Wanted to stay home and spend more time with the family.

Samantha

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2003, 06:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by Samantha:

Good gas mileage though right?How's the stereo and heat/AC? [/b]
yeah...cupholders too...s'luxury for me  :D

Sir HC

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2003, 11:03:00 am »