Author Topic: what makes you mad?  (Read 17344 times)

jkeisenh

Re: what makes you mad?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 01:05:00 pm »
-cars
 -suburbs
 -when my favorite bands tour as opening acts forcing me to pay big bux to see them (and put up with crappy abnoxious fans of headlining band)
 -camera crews who focus on the three black people at the RNC
 -trying to find jeans that are low rise, not stretch, and straight-legged that come in short length
 -overly eager newbies
 -MPD
 - people obsessed with "the process"
 - anyone that says "we're on the same page"
 - newspaper thiefs
 - my dial-up connection
 - nike
 - airport security that insists that i take my shoes off even though i know damn well they won't set the metal detector off
 - anti-choicers (i.e. people who try to tell me what to do with my body)
 - being asked what makes me mad on a day where i'm pretty mad.

mankie

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:

[qb]

you mess with me on my bike, I'll dent your hood with my U-lock!!!      :mad:  

[/b]
If you want to know what it feels like to make sweet, sweet anal love with your U-lock, then go right ahead hippy!

pepper*sans*salt

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 01:12:00 pm »
Another Metro rant: men who sit down and say hello to you and then don't stop talking! Yes, it's hot enough for me. Yes, I'm as tired as I look. Listen guys who don't get it: If i have my nose buried in a book/newspaper or I'm staring out of the window with more than unusual interest, that's code for you to shut-up!

mankie

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 01:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by pepper*sans*salt:
  Another Metro rant: men who sit down and say hello to you and then don't stop talking! Yes, it's hot enough for me. Yes, I'm as tired as I look. Listen guys who don't get it: If i have my nose buried in a book/newspaper or I'm staring out of the window with more than unusual interest, that's code for you to shut-up!
Miserable cows on the metro !  ;)

thirsty moore

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2004, 01:15:00 pm »
Metro is the absolute worst pick up spot.  Seriously, if the girl is a complete fox but an utter moron, then you're stuck.

mankie

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 01:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  Metro is the absolute worst pick up spot.  Seriously, if the girl is a complete fox but an utter moron, then you're stuck.
That's not only applicable to the metro you know.

ratioci nation

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 01:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  people who block walkways/aisles while having conversations rather than stepping to the side so others can get through.  the whole foods in my neighborhood is full of these douchebags.  usually, it's a couple of sorority whores or soccer moms with their big ass baby carriages blocking the entire dairy aisle.  uggggh...glad i got that one off my chest.
is it Glover Park, that one is horrible

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 01:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  people who  the whole foods in my neighborhood is full of these douchebags.  usually, it's a couple of sorority whores or soccer moms with their big ass baby carriages blocking the entire dairy aisle.  uggggh...glad i got that one off my chest.
People who shop at Whole Foods...more like "Whole Paycheck", really.

Liberte

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 01:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  DC area traffic...special mention to BMW drivers. Can some psych major please explain why all BMW drivers are such arrogant arseholes?

Now I need to calm down...anyone fancy a beer?
Nah, Beemer pilots are deliberately obnoxious but it's Volvo drivers who are the fricken worst, only in a completely clueless way.  It's like, "I bought me an indestructible tank, so you poor bastards can suffer the consequences of my incompetence and I'll survive whatever disaster I cause."  Except there's not that much cognitive activity going on--more like the instinctual blunderings of a mollusc with a heavy shell.

I'll take that beer if you're getting the first round, though.  It *is* after noon.

mankie

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Liberte:

DC area traffic...special mention to BMW drivers. Can some psych major please explain why all BMW drivers are such arrogant arseholes?

Now I need to calm down...anyone fancy a beer?
Nah, Beemer pilots are deliberately obnoxious but it's Volvo drivers who are the fricken worst, only in a completely clueless way.  It's like, "I bought me an indestructible tank, so you poor bastards can suffer the consequences of my incompetence and I'll survive whatever disaster I cause."  Except there's not that much cognitive activity going on--more like the instinctual blunderings of a mollusc with a heavy shell.

I'll take that beer if you're getting the first round, though.  It *is* after noon. [/b]
Volvo drivers are okay....they just have NPR on too loud so aren't aware of their surroundings.

They should realize that Ford (or is it GM?) now owns them so they aren't indestructible tanks anymore...on the contrary.

markie

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2004, 01:56:00 pm »
    indestructible tanks anymore...on the contrary.
It is Ford.

Volvos for that last 15 years self destruct on the slightest impact, but then the car absorbing the energy an impact is the whole point....

joz

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2004, 01:59:00 pm »
yup, pollard.  the glover park "whole paycheck".

Bags

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
Because they have this magnificent luxury car, but deep inside they know that it's really a piece of crap and they've bought into the whole company line.  They're compensating so *you'll* think they have a magnificent luxury car as well.  Quite sad, actually....

Liberte

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:  [/QB] They should realize that Ford (or is it GM?) now owns them so they aren't indestructible tanks anymore...on the contrary. [/QB]
Sure, but the molluscs in question still *think* they're buying what Volvo used to represent, not a Ford wearing a Volvo badge.  Or at least act like that is the case.

ratioci nation

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2004, 02:06:00 pm »
when singers rhyme the same word twice

And I may be leavin' myself open
 To a murder or a heart attack
 But I'm leavin' the back door open

------

I will be
 In the bar
 With my head
 On the bar

-------

Everybody's Rapping Like It's A Commercial Actin' Like Life Is A Big Commercial