Author Topic: what makes you mad?  (Read 17341 times)

mankie

Re: what makes you mad?
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2004, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

Are we getting the Bimmer 1-series here? [/b]
Yeah, it's called the MINI COOPER!!!!  ;)  

I've been told no, but then again we were told the US wouldn't get the Audi A3, which you now are, so BMW will probably follow suit with the 1 series.

markie

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:

I've been told no, but then again we were told the US wouldn't get the Audi A3, which you now are, so BMW will probably follow suit with the 1 series.
Well I hope so. It looks like a Mark E kind of car.

Still it is a big gamble for Beemer, it cant afford to lose 3-series sales, not even to itself.

hitman

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2004, 08:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Still seeing 50% of Americans supporting Bush and all his lies about Irak.
Watching chicken shit nations pull out of Iraq to meet terrorist demands. [/b]
Watching chicken shit nations follow America into Iraq like a lost puppy dog...didn't see America follow them into N. Ireland or the Falkland Islands did we? [/b]
here here!  Yet I admit, the French thing pisses me off though.  How many times did we save their asses without provocation?

poorlulu

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2004, 09:02:00 pm »
that mtv plays shit music all the time..............yet uses great songs for it's adverts/promo trailer thingies.........
 they know it's better than all the shit they choose to promote...............grrrrrrr

cellphones...............especially people who text message........get a life......

when people have no manners............i just held the door for you fuckface........at least say thankyou.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2004, 07:49:00 am »
those people and their high speed motorscooters who terrorize the freeways by riding in packs and weaving in out of traffic...  kosmette saw one of the idiots doing a high speed wheelie down 50 the other day.  what i want to see is that huge dragnet arresting them for reckless driving.

drivers who go in to entrance ramps to pass cars...  driving in general pisse me off around here.
T.Rex

Guiny

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2004, 08:21:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  that mtv plays shit music all the time..............yet uses great songs for it's adverts/promo trailer thingies.........
 they know it's better than all the shit they choose to promote...............grrrrrrr

Well If they started playing your music, then you wouldnt think it was good anymore. Either way, MTV can't win.

Guiny

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2004, 08:30:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

drivers who go in to entrance ramps to pass cars...  driving in general pisse me off around here.
Is that like trying to get on 395 south from the 9th street tunnel after work when theres a long line and you've been sitting forever and those @ssholes drive up to the front and cut in. Like their lives are that much more important then ours.

pepper*sans*salt

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2004, 08:46:00 am »
When I'm waiting to see a group perform, people who assume i'm in line to see a rap group just because i'm black. White people listen to rap don't they? Where's the double standard that says that i MUST listen rap only and nothing else? Rap sucks.

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2004, 08:59:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  -cars (I can't afford one)
 -suburbs (Cleaner streets, fresher air, and less crime are oh so appalling)
 -when my favorite bands tour as opening acts forcing me to pay big bux to see them (and put up with crappy abnoxious fans of headlining band) (My life is so boring that I have to see every possible show I can, even if it means paying $40 for a 30 minute set by my hip little indie favorite)
 -camera crews who focus on the three black people at the RNC (they should only show white people)
 -trying to find jeans that are low rise, not stretch, and straight-legged that come in short length (what can I say, I'm a little height-challenged)
 -overly eager newbies (better to have that hip I don't care attitude)
 -MPD (PMS)
 - people obsessed with "the process" (anarchy all the way, dude!)
 - anyone that says "we're on the same page" (because to be on the same page with someone means you are somehow conforming to "the process")
 - newspaper thiefs (if the cops weren't so fat, this crime could be stopped)
 - my dial-up connection (technology sucks, why couldn't I have lived in the Little House on the Prairie)
 - nike (other shoes are made by the same child labor, but I like to pick on this one because it's the most popular)
 - airport security that insists that i take my shoes off even though i know damn well they won't set the metal detector off (I think they should do away with airport security entirely, because I know damn well I'm not a terrorist.)
 - anti-choicers (i.e. people who try to tell me what to do with my body) (if I want to fuck forty different guys a year and have forty abortions a year, that's my god given right!)
 - being asked what makes me mad on a day where i'm pretty mad. (just like any other day)

eltee

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2004, 09:24:00 am »
Area traffic.
 Rude or mean or controlling people.
 People who have to be right.
 Music snobs.
 Punks (mean or rude teenagers)
 Some Arlington bars, the youngsters and the area surrounding.
 People at work who have to say "hi." or "How 'bout them Skins?" EVERY time they see you (equals at least 10-20 times).
 People who blast their car stereos at gas stations.
 Those loud ass mufflers.
 People who attend a show, art exhibition, game, store, etc. b/c it's seen as the "hip" thing to do. While non-supportive of everything else.
 Lines.
 Parking lots.
 Losing money in a vending machine.
 Best Buy.
 Sore losers.
 Liars.

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2004, 09:31:00 am »
But there are a lot, lot more white people (both in numbers and percentage of population) who listen to rap than there are black people who listen to classic rock and alternative...no?

Originally posted by pepper*sans*salt:
  When I'm waiting to see a group perform, people who assume i'm in line to see a rap group just because i'm black. White people listen to rap don't they? Where's the double standard that says that i MUST listen rap only and nothing else? Rap sucks.

mankie

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2004, 09:37:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  But there are a lot, lot more white people (both in numbers and percentage of population) who listen to rap than there are black people who listen to classic rock and alternative...no?

Originally posted by pepper*sans*salt:
[/b]
I think everyone is aware of my feelings about rap music, but if you like it then knock yourself out.

What pisses me off is when white people that enjoy rap act all 'black' and try to talk all 'ebonics' and stuff.  There's one white idiot at the same gym I go to who works out with a few black blokes, only he's more black than the black fellows.....I don't know his name, so referred to him as "8 mile" one time to one of the black blokes who pissed himself laughing, so now he has a new name.

ratioci nation

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2004, 09:42:00 am »
THE ONLY BLACK GUY AT THE INDIE-ROCK SHOW

At every single show, I am the only one who looks like me; the only sign of melanin in one big sea of ivory. My FUBU shirts and Tommy jeansâ?¦their bowling shirts and dirty Vansâ?¦I look just like a thug amongst the dressed-down Pavement fans. It shouldn't even matter that I'm the only black guy at the indie-rock show. I stand in a crowd and still feel alone. Some loser at the Mercury said, "I just want to let you know Jay-Z's at Austin Music Hall. I think you're at a different show" (that's not funny, man). Everyone is standing still (nodding heads and folded hands), looking at me like a freak because I have the nerve to dance. I ask my black friends to try out something new and come with me to the show; they're so reluctant to go. There's more to music than rap and R&B, but they say rock is a white man's game. I know Chuck Berry wouldn't feel the same. I told a white friend the opening band was "crunk." He didn't understand the slang. He asked if I was in a gang. I wonder if I will live to see the day when I see rock bands on BET and black girls dance to GBVâ?¦and I wonder if white folks who like Jay-Z often feel as alienated as me.

http://www.cspaniels.com/the_only_black_guy_at_the_indie-rock_show.mp3

Random Citizen

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2004, 09:56:00 am »
Hmm...I never get any strange looks. Even when I went to a rockabilly show. Everyone was cool, in fact, I don't think they even cared. Maybe it helps being a girl? *shrugs* It may also "help" that I don't wear P.Doodly's clothes or any of that shit.

I also can't stand rap music.

pepper*sans*salt

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2004, 09:58:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:
  THE ONLY BLACK GUY AT THE INDIE-ROCK SHOW

At every single show, I am the only one who looks like me; the only sign of melanin in one big sea of ivory. My FUBU shirts and Tommy jeansâ?¦their bowling shirts and dirty Vansâ?¦I look just like a thug amongst the dressed-down Pavement fans. It shouldn't even matter that I'm the only black guy at the indie-rock show. I stand in a crowd and still feel alone. Some loser at the Mercury said, "I just want to let you know Jay-Z's at Austin Music Hall. I think you're at a different show" (that's not funny, man). Everyone is standing still (nodding heads and folded hands), looking at me like a freak because I have the nerve to dance. I ask my black friends to try out something new and come with me to the show; they're so reluctant to go. There's more to music than rap and R&B, but they say rock is a white man's game. I know Chuck Berry wouldn't feel the same. I told a white friend the opening band was "crunk." He didn't understand the slang. He asked if I was in a gang. I wonder if I will live to see the day when I see rock bands on BET and black girls dance to GBVâ?¦and I wonder if white folks who like Jay-Z often feel as alienated as me.

http://www.cspaniels.com/the_only_black_guy_at_the_indie-rock_show.mp3
I feel your pain, pollard. Well, not pain but I understand where you're coming from when you say "the only melanin in a sea of ivory". I've become quite used to being one of the very few 'melanites'(tee-hee) at shows. In fact, i think i stood next to you before... you looked like you were really enjoying the music and i'm sure you were. I forget who was playing.. The Vines, perhaps? Anyway, I just get frustrated with ignorant black people who look at me like i'm a freak or a wierdo when i say i only listen to rock music. I know that horrible word (sell-out!) goes through their minds.