Author Topic: Strokes Concert October 12th  (Read 9974 times)

Mobius

Re: Strokes Concert October 12th
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2003, 11:00:00 am »
Of course I meant the new 9:30.  Concerts at Ritchie were always crazy.  The rundowness of the place I guess leant itself to that.

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2003, 11:08:00 am »
Gay guys have all the luck, getting to kiss Dwew Barrymore and all that...

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  the strokes are gay.

and thats really all i have to say on this friday morning. (for now)

Sir HC

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2003, 11:09:00 am »
I helped bring many of those scary shows to Ritchie.  Loved the place other than the bird crap and dealing with the University to get barricades and other things done.  

But UMBC is also the University of Maryland in Baltimore county.  It is a similar room to what Ritchie was (they totally renovated it for the worse), but bigger.  Much bigger, Ritchie could hold 1800 (well officially less but that is what we sold...).

mankie

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2003, 11:47:00 am »
  the strokes are shite.

Here, here!

The girls think the singer is sooooooo dreamy though, and that seems to be all that matters these days.

thirsty moore

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2003, 11:51:00 am »
Yes, that's certainly never happened in the music industry before.

Originally posted by mankie:
 The girls think the singer is sooooooo dreamy though, and that seems to be all that matters these days.

jadetree

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2003, 11:54:00 am »
I don't buy that you all can think the Strokes music is that bad, this stinks of backlash, the album is not nearly as bad as a lot of crap that has come out since, it isn't bad in the way that the vines is horrible.

And Sonick, again, please don't be so negative, don't make me point out every time that you are either.

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2003, 11:54:00 am »

Here, here!

I think the singer is sooooooo dreamy though, and that seems to be all that matters these days. [/b]
whatever you say buddy.

chknfngrs

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2003, 11:56:00 am »
it's a walk off.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2003, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  I don't buy that you all can think the Strokes music is that bad, this stinks of backlash, the album is not nearly as bad as a lot of crap that has come out since, it isn't bad in the way that the vines is horrible.

And Sonick, again, please don't be so negative, don't make me point out every time that you are either.
sorry jadetree.  i didnt mean to be negative. I digress. and i shouldnt call things gay either.

I am, after all, going to see Billy Idol next week.   :eek:

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2003, 11:59:00 am »
I'd just like to point out how hip I am by saying that I hated them after hearing their FIRST album.

I think Mankie was in my hipster club as well.

Sir HC

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2003, 12:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I'd just like to point out how hip I am by saying that I hated them after hearing their FIRST album.

No, hip is hating them after hearing the rough mixes of their first album that you got from a friend of a buddy of someone who knows someone in the band.

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2003, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

and to be honest, i never liked ONE song they have ever sung....except kind of "New York City Cops".

mankie

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2003, 12:11:00 pm »

Here, here!

I think the singer is sooooooo dreamy though, and that seems to be all that matters these days. [/b]
whatever you say buddy. [/b]
Well he would make a prettier girl than a boy.

sonickteam2

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
i think i dislike the Strokes because they were just thrown in with the White Stripes...although, it seemed more like the other way around.  I liked the White Stripes and then all of a sudden they were second fiddle to a crappy band that everyone said "the white stripes sound like the strokes"

ggw

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2003, 12:20:00 pm »
  i think i dislike the Strokes because they were just thrown in with the White Stripes...although, it seemed more like the other way around.  I liked the White Stripes and then all of a sudden they were second fiddle to a crappy band that everyone said "the white stripes sound like the strokes"
So you let the opinions and impressions of other people dictate what you like and dislike?