Author Topic: Spiritualized  (Read 4990 times)

muke

Spiritualized
« on: May 29, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
Is the June 8 show really happening?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Spiritualized
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 11:28:00 am »
speaking of spiritualized

from cmj.com

Spiritualized Album Leaked To Bewildered Fans

In an event that could quite possibly have taken the problem of online album leaks to a ridiculous new height, a new album from pioneering U.K. space-rock band Spiritualized has shown up on file-sharing services before anyone even knew it existed. The group, led by mainman Jason Pierce, had been completely quiet about the fact that it was even working on a new album, failing to mention anything about it to the public, even on its frequently updated Web site, www.spiritualized.com. Clearly, if the reason behind the secrecy was to prevent a leak, the band couldn’t have had a better one — although it may have inadvertently caused the guilty suspect in this case to feel that much more smug about him/herself when pulling off the feat. Whatever the case, the word is out, and although it’s unclear whether the songs circling the Internet are the final product, it has been revealed that the album is currently called Amazing Grace, and features songs such as “This Little Life Of Mine,” “The Power And The Glory” and the most classically Pierce-titled of the bunch, “Lord Let It Rain On Me.” No release date, or even an official acknowledgement of the album’s reality, has yet been announced.
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 02:33:00 pm »
Rated X is the best song on the album....in my opinion. Others will prefer different songs as it is somewhat varied. Nothing new though. It's good but same old Spiritualized with less production than Let It Come Down and rocks more.

Jerrinna

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 12:33:00 am »
Does anyone know if tickets are close to selling out?  Just wondering so I could miss some service charges!  Thanks

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 04:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Jerrinna:
  Does anyone know if tickets are close to selling out?  Just wondering so I could miss some service charges!  Thanks
there are plenty of tickets avaiable.  you should be able to buy them at the door with no problem.

walkman

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2003, 05:58:00 pm »
See you all in a couple hours...*excited*

By the way, a friend of mine was so impressed with their set at Field Day that he's coming back for more...which bodes well for tonight.

myuman

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 07:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
    you should be able to buy them at the door with no problem.
That should tell us all something... played at the same time as Thursday at field day... they stunk and were still better.

markie

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
What an odd gig, no high kicks, no sailor dances, no crowd on stage, no encore, no songs from the current album.

Its fine for a band to be quirky but I really would have liked to have heard some songs from the current album. At least it sounded great. But it was over far too quickly.

It was good to see the drummer still alive.

chokedamp

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
seeing them tonight in philly...

anybody got a setlist?

-m

jadetree

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
I was thinking about it and maybe they didn't play any new stuff because their newest release is The Complete Works Volume 1.  Either way I thought it sounded pretty great, although the guitarist on the left's sound was awful at times when he used the wah wah pedal.

markie

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2003, 10:49:00 am »
Originally posted by eertedaj:
   release is The Complete Works Volume 1.  Either way I thought it sounded pretty great, although the guitarist on the left's sound was awful at times when he used the wah wah pedal.
did they play anything off of that at all? Actually, there were at least  two songs off of that, smiles and electric mainline. I didnt even recognise smiles though.

I liked the wah wah pedal sound, but he was having pedal problem a couple had to be disconnected about 4 songs from the end.

Jaguär

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 11:17:00 am »
They played plenty of new material off of the upcoming Amazing Grace album. (*From Amazing Grace.)

This Little Life *
 Come Together
 Walking With Jesus
 Hold On
 She Kissed Me *
 Lord Let It Rain *
 Cheapster *
 All Of My Tears
 Electric Mainline
 Never Going Back *
 Take Your Time
 Smiles

Keep in mind, this wasn't an official tour. Just a few NE US club dates while they were in town for Field Day Fest. Wasn't worth the expense and bother to bring all the extra lights and such. The show was good but not as good as April 2002. Hopefully they will be back after the release with a full in your face tour, assuming that the drummer is up for it.

Odd note: I noticed Jason was wearing the same worn silvery animal skin trainers that he wore the last time. At least he wasn't sporting those baggy silver leather pants. He looked much better in jeans that fit.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2003, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  They played plenty of new material off of the upcoming Amazing Grace album. (*From Amazing Grace.)

This Little Life *
 Come Together
 Walking With Jesus
 Hold On
 She Kissed Me *
 Lord Let It Rain *
 Cheapster *
 All Of My Tears
 Electric Mainline
 Never Going Back *
 Take Your Time
 Smiles

Keep in mind, this wasn't an official tour. Just a few NE US club dates while they were in town for Field Day Fest. Wasn't worth the expense and bother to bring all the extra lights and such. The show was good but not as good as April 2002. Hopefully they will be back after the release with a full in your face tour, assuming that the drummer is up for it.

Odd note: I noticed Jason was wearing the same worn silvery animal skin trainers that he wore the last time. At least he wasn't sporting those baggy silver leather pants. He looked much better in jeans that fit.
Thanks for the report,Jag! I couldn't make this one and I think I'll wait for the full blown tour in the future.

walkman

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2003, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

This Little Life *
 Come Together
 Walking With Jesus
 Hold On
 She Kissed Me *
 Lord Let It Rain *
 Cheapster *
 All Of My Tears
 Electric Mainline
 Never Going Back *
 Take Your Time
 Smiles

All in all, it was a good show...and Never Going Back is a great tune.  I certainly thought that the new material fit in well with older stuff.

wxdude

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2003, 04:58:00 pm »
This is interesting, if I'm not mistaken, it is the exact setlist they played at the Field Day Festival.  I too was dissapointed that they didn't do any songs from "Let it Come Down".  Don't get me worng, I really enjoyed their performance, but it would have been nice to hear some from the last CD.