Author Topic: Radiohead / SM & Jicks  (Read 8733 times)

kurosawa-b/w

Re: Radiohead / SM & Jicks
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2003, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mongo:
  Just try to get tickets under the pavillion and you should be fine.
That should be easy!  ;)  Has anyone figured out how many seats the Pavilion has vs. what the demand will be?

mankie

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2003, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by d.c.1:
  booo!     :(  
The suburbs not allowed to host concerts now?

I say lets have it in Baghdad, the crime rate is less per capita than DC.

;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

booo!      :)

mankie

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

if Columbia is the buttcrack of Maryland , then DC is the shit that comes out of it.

Merriweather is 20 minutes from my house   :)  

[/b]
AND, more convenient for the Baltimore folk. There is the Virginians of course but fuckem! They get such mecca's of music as Nissan, Wolftrap and Patriot. I'd take Merriweather over any of those places any day.

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
I thought Ocean City was the buttcrack of Maryland.

At least in Columbia you don't have black men getting up in your face asking you for change like you do every five minutes in DC. One of these days I'm going to punch one of those fuckers.

mankie

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2003, 03:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

At least in Columbia you don't have black men getting up in your face asking you for change like you do every five minutes in DC. One of these days I'm going to punch one of those fuckers.
I thought you were a spitter not a fighter!  :D

sonickteam2

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2003, 07:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

Yeah!! Columbia is really just a yuppie suburb. not much there but the mall and MPP. Its really, i think, an ok place to see a show, and traffic is never bad, and its not in freaking Manassas!!!  If its a nice night, it beats MCI anyday, but if not, hope you're in the pavilion! Although, hearing Thom sing "the raindrops, the raindrops" over and over in the rain would be cool.

d.c.1

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »
excellent, now the show's at 6:30pm.  that's a great time to have a show in the middle of the week right?  getting out of the city that day, at that time, will be a real treat.

last time i tried to get up to the pavillion to see a show was back in 96 for the wu-tang/ratm tour.  we were stuck in bumber to bumber traffic for nearly two hours.  missed wu-tang completely and managed to catch the tail end of ratm, yay!  i didn't know zach was one inch tall either.  money and time well spent.

:roll:

mankie

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2003, 01:53:00 pm »
  excellent, now the show's at 6:30pm.  that's a great time to have a show in the middle of the week right?  getting out of the city that day, at that time, will be a real treat.

last time i tried to get up to the pavillion to see a show was back in 96 for the wu-tang/ratm tour.  we were stuck in bumber to bumber traffic for nearly two hours.  missed wu-tang completely and managed to catch the tail end of ratm, yay!  i didn't know zach was one inch tall either.  money and time well spent.

Don't go if it's such a pain in the arse to leave the city....I'm sure Thom and the boys will get over it.

flyingspud

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2003, 09:02:00 pm »
well for once i can walk to a show --  :)  i live across the street - unfortunately they are tearing down merriweather next year (i believe) - can't compete with nissan.

sonickteam2

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2003, 12:11:00 pm »

:)

Jaguär

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2003, 12:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

:)  
Or by 7:30 (door time) to a show at the 9:30 Club. Not to mention the long drive home.

Sonic, don't you think DC is full of whiners?   :p  They think it's nothing for us to trek down there every week or so but Heaven forbid that they are expected to come this way once in a Blue moon.

lily1

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2003, 12:38:00 pm »
when was this announced? i thought it was 7.30 or 8pm?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2003, 07:03:00 pm »
radiohead could play a private show in the backyard of each of their fans and pay them for the use of the yard and someone would complain that they trampled their petunias.  if you want to see a show enough, you deal with where it is, or how much it costs, or whatever else.  if not, don't go.  it's really that simple.

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2003, 07:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Sonic, don't you think DC is full of whiners?    ;)   hopefully they'll be serving lots of cheese at Merriweather that night.