Author Topic: WHO IS GOING TO SEE HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS  (Read 3944 times)

rc930

Re: WHO IS GOING TO SEE HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 03:31:00 pm »
This will be my third time seeing Hawthorne Heights, they are really good, I've been listening since their album came out and love it. Silverstein is even better but don't get as much hype. It will also be the third time I saw them, a friend and I even drove to West Virginia to see them with UnderOath. They kick ass!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
I guess the allmusic reviewer just doesn't get this band.

The closest Hawthorne Heights' debut album comes to originality is that they rip off bands in two different genres, trying to blend the pop-emo of Thursday, Jimmy Eat World, and the other post-Weezer bands with the glossy, commercial pop of bands like Good Charlotte. With J.T. Woodruff's faceless alternative rock vocals alternating with Casey Calvert's equally generic metalcore barking over Micah Carli's heard-it-before power chords, the band is doing absolutely nothing new. That said, what they do, they do pretty well. Most of the songs have reasonably catchy choruses, there are no particularly egregious mistakes or failed experiments, and the leadoff single, "Life on Standby," is actually quite good in a completely disposable way. The overall lack of personality on this album is its fatal flaw, however. There's nothing on The Silence in Black and White that'll make anyone turn it off and throw the CD across the room in a fit of rage, but it's hard to remember anything about the album an hour after it's over.

Bartelby

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:

Originally posted by BadSushi:
  Nice to judge a group on one song.  Somehow, despite the fact many boardies will flame 'em, the show seems to be sold out...at least according to those tools over on tickets.com.
I thought you couldn't possibly be any less popular, and then you go and sort of, kind of defend Hawthorne Heights. Bravo, 'Sush, bravo! [/b]
Nice to see you consistently acting like a prick too. However, where exactly did I "defend" em.  I simply said it's sort of ignorant to judge a band on ONE song...stay like you are, however. I believe you provide a valuable service on this website...kinda like a tool.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:
  My name is Joe Forum and I couldn't just ignore this post and allow those who might care to post. No I had to be a self righteous jerk and say something negative because it makes me feel better about who I am and all the really great music I listen to. My opinion is so important and so all knowing that if I had allowed this thread to pass without commenting I would have been doing a great injustice to this forum and the world as a whole. Now that I've chimed in I will sleep better tonight as I dream thoughts of bus wrecks full of emo/pop punk bands. Man I'm super smart and funny and everyone really likes me and respects my opinion.
so true/thanks for that

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
  However, where exactly did I "defend" em.  I simply said it's sort of ignorant to judge a band on ONE song...
Is it your contention that our evaluation of the band based on one song is wrong?

Bartelby

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
Who the fuck is this royal "our" you discuss along with my popularity:  Is there some "clique" you represent as chief thug and bully (and membership clerk)?

Perhaps I missed the thread where you were  appointed by the forum as Chief Royal Ass and Arbiter of all who participate here.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »
  Who the fuck is this royal "our" you discuss along with my popularity:  Is there some "clique" you represent as chief thug and bully (and membership clerk)?

By "our", I meant the people (which includes myself) who judged the band based on one song which you were speaking out against. I was not intending to hint at some majority opinion/populist superiority, but was simply including myself in a group you were commenting on.

Now, if you'd be so kind as to answer my question: do you think the people who are judging HH adversely based on one song are wrong in their evaluation?

Bartelby

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 06:04:00 pm »

By "our", I meant the people you (which includes myself) who judged the band based on one song which you were speaking out against. I was not intending to hint at some majority opinion/populist viewpoint, but was simply including myself in a group you were commenting on.

Now, if you'd be so kind as to answer my question: do you think the people who are judging HH adversely based on one song are wrong in their evaluation? [/b]
Hey, Mr. Master Baiter.  My remark was not controversial nor unfair.  You only discredit yourself by jumping on everything I post here regardless of the content.

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 06:13:00 pm »
    My remark was not controversial nor unfair.  You only discredit yourself by jumping on everything I post here regardless of the content.
I didn't say it was.

I'm simply asking whether or not you think Hawthorne Heights are good or not. I don't see why you're refusing to answer a simple question.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 06:31:00 pm »
:roll:
T.Rex

alex

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 08:56:00 am »

Nice to judge a group on one song.  Somehow, despite the fact many boardies will flame 'em, the show seems to be sold out...at least according to those tools over on tickets.com.
I thought you couldn't possibly be any less popular, and then you go and sort of, kind of defend Hawthorne Heights. Bravo, 'Sush, bravo! [/b]
Nice to see you consistently acting like a prick too. However, where exactly did I "defend" em.  I simply said it's sort of ignorant to judge a band on ONE song...stay like you are, however. I believe you provide a valuable service on this website...kinda like a tool. [/b]
ya know, when your one song is THAT bad, you kind of lose the luxury of having people dig deeper to make another judgement.