Author Topic: Getting tickets at show  (Read 1930 times)

monohombre

Getting tickets at show
« on: October 21, 2004, 06:45:00 pm »
Are there usually people selling tickets outside of the sold out shows?  If so how much do they usually try to get?

eltee

Re: Getting tickets at show
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 10:19:00 pm »
Yes, generally. But there are no guarantees. Depends on the show, day of week, the weather, planet alignment;)...Basically it depends -- there could be many, a few, or I've even been to a show where no one was outside selling an extra ticket. They should not ask for more than face value.

monohombre

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 12:32:00 am »
Well true they should not ask for more than face value but in reality do they usually try to charge outrageous prices?  And thanks for answering

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 08:30:00 am »
We had two extra for the Deftones and sold them at face.  Saw at least one other person do the same.  I have yet to see a ticket sold over face from someone actually in line to go to the show.  As with anything else dont walk up 10 minutes before the doors and expect to get tickets.  They are usually gone by then.
FUKIT

eltee

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 09:50:00 am »
Yes...some ask for outrageous prices even when they are not supposed to. That's your call if you decide to go that route. I had someone ask for double the face value, I said no. Turned around and someone next to me was more than happy to sell their ticket for face value.

monohombre

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Ok good thanks for the feedback

easement

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »
I've only been able to buy a ticket for face value twice. One time I managed to score a ticket below face value! However, often times I've seen 2 and three times the face value being the asking price. I think that there is sometimes some price fixing going on. A couple of times I couldn't afford the price so I just went home. You gotta love the shallow-pocketed life of a grad student.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
i sold 2 tickets to a $15 show for $100 once while i was in line to get in.

they were my tickets too! but when they said $100 for both, i said, screw it , sold em and went home!

margwi

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 04:01:00 pm »
what is face value

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 03:47:00 am »
The price printed on the ticket.

monohombre

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
when i was at the hoobastank show a few months ago i gave away 2 tickets and the club gave away about 5 tickets by taping them to the wall outside the entrance.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
and people actually took them?!
(o|o)

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
is it wrong to charge "what you paid for them" to people who want to go to a "sold out" show?  this guy got so upset at me because i sold him a ticket to a sold out show and charged what he or i would pay for the damn thing through the ticket outlet, service charges and all.