Author Topic: Any PFunk tapers for 1/14/05?  (Read 4765 times)

macrolib

Any PFunk tapers for 1/14/05?
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:40:00 pm »
I can't make the show, but would like to get a copy...have lots to trade, including last nights PFunk show in Baltimore (Bernie Worrell was there, though unadvertised and very low key). Please contact me privately.
 Thanks,

jeff
 jm292@yahoo.com

distance

Re: Any PFunk tapers for 1/14/05?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 11:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by macrolib:
  I can't make the show, but would like to get a copy...have lots to trade, including last nights PFunk show in Baltimore (Bernie Worrell was there, though unadvertised and very low key). Please contact me privately.
 Thanks,

jeff
 jm292@yahoo.com
i'm not planning to be at the show as i don't have an extra $40, but i was turned away at the door with my gear last time (? -- last march anyway) he played the 930 club.

macrolib

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 11:15:00 pm »
i was turned away at the door with my gear last time (? -- last march anyway) he played the 930 club. [/QB]
I don't think everyone at the 9:30 is on the same page about taping...they do allow it and even a designated spot, as long as the band is cool with it. There's a favorable taping policy  on www.georgeclinton.com in the Funkateerz section. I printed out a copy just in case for last night's show, but there was no need and staff was extremely helpful: I got there late and one of the security guys finagled me a spot on the rail, even though the crowd was already 2-3 people deep. The main reason why I don't tape at the 9:30 is I'm never sure if I'll actually get in with my gear...

distance

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 01:00:00 am »
we brought up the policy and tried to get it cleared, but it got us nowhere.

anyway, there was someone with a stand there, but they came in with the band, so we still got a copy of the tape.

as far as getting in at the 930, i find it much easier to find out information at the 930 than any other venue i've been to..
 well.. except for a lot of times i'll get the answer of 'we won't know til 630'.. which does me no good considering i need to have been on the road well before then to even make the show on time.