Author Topic: Searching for the Blue Nile  (Read 1912 times)

walkman

Searching for the Blue Nile
« on: June 04, 2003, 11:44:00 pm »
Blue Nile...anyone familiar with the venue?  Is it a bar, or what?  All I know is that I've passed it while sauntering down U street.  Me hopes it isn't 21+...

FYI - Bishop Allen (purveyors of brilliant indiepop) will be playing there on the 28th.

Joymonster

• MySpace
Re: Searching for the Blue Nile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 08:31:00 am »
it's 18+

allmy$to930

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 12:00:00 pm »
I agree with the Bishop Allen remark...fantastic stuff. I got hooked after an NPR feature and have listened to them nonstop for the past three weeks. I can't wait to see them live...although they should be playing at Iota instead of the Blue Nile.

A lot of free music at www.bishopallen.com.

walkman

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by allmy$to930:
  I agree with the Bishop Allen remark...fantastic stuff. I got hooked after an NPR feature and have listened to them nonstop for the past three weeks. I can't wait to see them live...although they should be playing at Iota instead of the Blue Nile.

A lot of free music at www.bishopallen.com.
...didja ever thank thank?...

chrisFMHg

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 02:50:00 pm »
Blue Nile is located at 600 Florida Ave, NW.
 I believe it is 18+, but one of the bands we played with there were high school kids and I didn't see anyone getting carded at the door (just for alcohol inside).  I could be wrong though.  There is no website, but Adrian from DC Spore runs the shows there.  If you're in a band and would like his contact info, you can e-mail me at fullminute@hotmail.com.

http://www.fullminute.com