Author Topic: Son of Just Announced  (Read 9297 times)

markie

Re: Son of Just Announced
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
But Ted Leo was full because everyone wanted to see his support act, right.

TedLeo is much more famous then the decemberists. When have you seen the decemberists posters about, or seen them on Mtv2?

jadetree

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2003, 04:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bubba:
  But Ted Leo was full because everyone wanted to see his support act, right.

TedLeo is much more famous then the decemberists. When have you seen the decemberists posters about, or seen them on Mtv2?
It is hard to tell who is more famous anymore, I am constantly surprised by sizes of crowds.

markie

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Is there reason to believe you won't be in America?

If I ever get a visa, I will have to leave the US to get it. I got my J1 visa-waiver after waiting since April. H1b applications for an extra $1000 are adjudicated in 15 working days....... I need to do a few things before I apply.

markie

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:
   I am constantly surprised by sizes of crowds.
So am I, like Thursday and Sparta, and everyone only wanting to see Thursday........

But I cannot imagine the decemberists being hip with the kids, at all.

thirsty moore

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »
Au contraire Markie.  I believe The Decemberists will be hip with the kids.  Pitchfork loved them as did Salon, who compared them to Neutral Milk Hotel.

markie

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2003, 04:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Au contraire Markie.  I believe The Decemberists will be hip with the kids.  Pitchfork loved them as did Salon, who compared them to Neutral Milk Hotel.
Really I meant the 17 year olds who like Thursday. Do they read oitchfok and salon?

I cannot see them being at the decemberists. Are the Decemberists more popular then Lambchop?

Jaguär

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2003, 04:44:00 pm »

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

If I ever get a visa, I will have to leave the US to get it. I got my J1 visa-waiver after waiting since April. H1b applications for an extra $1000 are adjudicated in 15 working days....... I need to do a few things before I apply. [/b]
And I know that governments wait until the very last minute to issue visas. Use to drive us all nuts when I was a travel agent. They would never, ever come into the office until the day before the trip and then they would be Fed Exed and usually arrive at the end of the working day.

They better let you stay!!!! A visit home is okay but they better let you back in to raise some havoc.  ;)  

Damned Maryland wants to give Social Service benefits to illegal aliens yet they give tax paying foreigners like Markie a hard way to go. It's so insane.

Bags

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
Yeah, that was a big feature on them in Salon.  Should attract some attention, though that's happened before, and I've expected a crowd where none showed.

markie

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2003, 04:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
   insane.
I have already been waiting since April...... But lets leave it now. I just makes me grumpy. Talking about it is not cathartic in any way.

jadetree

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2003, 04:50:00 pm »
That Neutral Milk Hotel comparison keeps getting used, and is pretty inaccurate

markie

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2003, 04:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  That Neutral Milk Hotel comparison keeps getting used, and is pretty inaccurate
yeah, they are shite. Besides what the use of comparing one obscure band with another obscure band, so they are obscure then, hey?

Jaguär

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2003, 04:52:00 pm »

insane.
I have already been waiting since April...... But lets leave it now. I just makes me grumpy. Talking about it is not cathartic in any way. [/b]
I understand.

If you need a character reference, I'm willing to lie for you.   :D    ;)

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2003, 04:54:00 pm »

Originally posted by Anne Ahole:

If I ever get a visa, I will have to leave the US to get it. I got my J1 visa-waiver after waiting since April. H1b applications for an extra $1000 are adjudicated in 15 working days....... I need to do a few things before I apply. [/b]
Just do what most folks do...take a bus to Ciudad Juarez and then walk back across the border.  You're in like Flynn then.  Full benefits, too!

markie

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2003, 04:54:00 pm »
  If you need a character reference, I'm willing to lie for you.    :D      ;)  
thanks, It does remind me of the scientologists who walk up to you on the street and offer you free personality tests. "I am sorry I dont have one" really pisses them off.

jadetree

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2003, 04:54:00 pm »
  yeah, they are shite. Besides what the use of comparing one obscure band with another obscure band, so they are obscure then, hey?
you have listened to NMH for about 2 seconds, you had the same reaction when first hearing Beulah, Ted Leo and Decemberists