Author Topic: Son of Just Announced  (Read 9553 times)

markie

Re: Son of Just Announced
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2003, 04:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  you have listened to NMH for about 2 seconds
Twas enough. Actually I listened to abit more than that, but not a lot more. It is just that I am predisposed to hate anything you like first.

SPARX

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2003, 04:59:00 pm »
 [[/qb]
That Neutral Milk Hotel comparison keeps getting used, and is pretty inaccurate [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                                                                               Agreed,the day they write something as spectacular as In the Aeroplane over the Sea,please let me know.IMHO that is.Jeff Mangum was a great songwriter,tis a shame he's no longer putting any material out.

thirsty moore

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2003, 05:29:00 pm »
Seriously, I'll give you about three more months before you start gushing about Neutral Milk Hotel.

Originally posted by Bubba:
 Twas enough. Actually I listened to abit more than that, but not a lot more. It is just that I am predisposed to hate anything you like first.

thirsty moore

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2003, 05:36:00 pm »
I wouldn't call Neutral Milk Hotel obscure.  I'm quite certain they could pack the Black Cat and get a decent crowd over at the 930 if Mangum decided to get things going again.

Besides what the use of comparing one obscure band with another obscure band, so they are obscure then, hey?

Jaguär

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »
Myself, I'm very neutral about Neutral Milk Hotel.

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
I dunno, I saw NMH open for Superchunk at the Cat in 1998?, and the place wasn't packed. Have they grown that much in popularity since breaking up.

I didn't care for them very much, but thought they were better than Superchunk, who blew.

Bags

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2003, 05:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I dunno, I saw NMH open for Superchunk at the Cat in 1998?, and the place wasn't packed. Have they grown that much in popularity since breaking up.

I didn't care for them very much, but thought they were better than Superchunk, who blew.
I've seen a LOT of bands better than superchunk.

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2003, 06:28:00 pm »
How does NMH compare to APPLES IN STEREO?

Jaguär

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2003, 06:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by ??? ?ømþæÿ Ð?r§:
  How does NMH compare to APPLES IN STEREO?
Better.....IMHO.

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2003, 06:50:00 pm »
They share members, I believe.  What Apples albums do you know?

FYI: AIS was originally called "The Apples" but they wanted to avoid legal hassellhoffs from apple recordes, so they changed it.

SPARX

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2003, 07:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by †‡€ ?ømþæÿ Љr§:
  They share members, I believe.  
Actually, Rob Schnieder and Jeff Mangum moved from GA. to Denver together where Robert started AIS,Jeff did not play with them to my knowledge.NMH was Jeff's solo effort.He did incorporate a few musicians when playing live,don't think Rob was involved though.I think it was a few mewmbers from Olivia Tremor Control that joined him.It's been awhile since I was into the whole Elephant 6 thing so my memory could be a little fuzzy,but that's it in a nutshell as far as I can remember.As for comparing the 2,it's like comparing apples to oranges  ;)

jadetree

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2003, 01:12:00 pm »
Eels - November 7, 2003 - Recher Theater

Guiny, we know you are not going, no need to say it

markie

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2003, 01:16:00 pm »
  Eels - November 7, 2003 - Recher Theater

Guiny, we know you are not going, no need to say it
They dont come around for years and then they are around two times in 6 months, what an odd band.

jadetree

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2003, 01:19:00 pm »
  They dont come around for years and then they are around two times in 6 months, what an odd band.
They sent an email out saying they are touring more than usual to make up for the fact they spent more time in Europe than the US the last few years.

ggw

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2003, 04:54:00 pm »
Great White at Jaxx this Friday.