Author Topic: YOUR FIRST CONCERT  (Read 21760 times)

booradley17

Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2005, 08:59:00 pm »
Styx...Paradise Theater tour...1982 I believe...I shudder every time I think about it

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2005, 09:25:00 pm »
GNR - METALLICA - FAITH NO MORE

@RFK

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2005, 04:33:00 am »
Originally posted by BLACKSTORM:
  GNR - METALLICA - FAITH NO MORE

@RFK
i went to that show, got seperated from my sister, and ended up with some strange woman on my shoulders, flashing the cameras.  it was a good day for a young highschooler like myself.  

the next day, when a member of my father's congregation told him that they had seen me on the big screen with a naked woman on my shoulders was slightly less good, but very funny in retrospect.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2005, 08:08:00 am »
Originally posted by francis farva:
  Foo Fighters.  The free concert in Rockville Pike.  I think it was 97 or 98; I was in eighth grade.
Why can't doodles ever give their actual age? If you're a dumb arse you could be 27 and in 8th grade?

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2005, 08:50:00 am »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  the next day, when a member of my father's congregation..?
What's the deal with religious parents and heavy metal children?

Chisai Fry

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Originally posted by Bud Erdbuns:

the next day, when a member of my father's congregation..?
What's the deal with religious parents and heavy metal children? [/b]
I don't know, but that is a funny, funny story.  It makes me think of the time when I was in the 11th grade, when I went to see the Mighty Mighty Bosstones at the Peppermint Beach Club in Virginia Beach (I think around '93).  My mom (who is this tiny, old school Japanese value lady) walks in asking all of the bouncers and bartenders if they have seen a little "oriental girl."  She came to pick me up, and being in high school, that is mortifying. Funny in retrospect, though.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2005, 01:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chisai Fry:
  My mom (who is this tiny, old school Japanese value lady) walks in asking all of the bouncers and bartenders if they have seen a little "oriental girl."  
The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

The Dude: Jeez, Walter, I'm not talking about the guys who built the fucking railroad here.
(o|o)

dtran9

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2005, 01:58:00 pm »
Depeche Mode. World Violation Tour. Merriweather. I was 9 years old.

First 930 Club show:  Atari Teenage Riot - 1997?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2005, 03:25:00 pm »
well, i think i'm heavy partly due to genetics (dad's a pretty big guy) and a combination of not eating well and not working out enough. i'm metal in certain places, but only where i put jewelry.  i'm not really sure how this relates to my father being a minister.

booradley17

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2005, 10:11:00 pm »

well, i think i'm heavy partly due to genetics (dad's a pretty big guy) and a combination of not eating well and not working out enough. i'm metal in certain places, but only where i put jewelry.  i'm not really sure how this relates to my father being a minister. [/b]
Groan!

francis farva

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2005, 01:11:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

Foo Fighters.  The free concert in Rockville Pike.  I think it was 97 or 98; I was in eighth grade.
Why can't doodles ever give their actual age? If you're a dumb arse you could be 27 and in 8th grade? [/b]
I guess I would have been 13 or 14.  I can't quite remember when the show was.

Jaguär

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2005, 02:31:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

Why can't doodles ever give their actual age? If you're a dumb arse you could be 27 and in 8th grade? [/b]
You are forgetting a very common Doodle numbskull practice which is very important and, in turn, negates the necessity of one stating their age in this matter.

SOCIAL PROMOTIONS!!!!

It's quite the latest rage all across this once great land of ours.   :roll:

Diorama

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2005, 06:03:00 pm »
Elton John!  I Remembering Getting A Large Soda And It Said Pearl Jam Was Playing A Show There Later That Month Or So, And I Told My Mom Elton John Was Lame And I Wanted To See Pearl Jam And She Said "I Think It Might Be A Bit Tougher Crowd"

Mom, You're Lame :-)

Guiny

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2005, 06:15:00 pm »
I think Elton John woulda been the better show. Are Pearl Jam even still together?

Melodia

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2005, 10:23:00 am »
My dad took me to my first concert. It was the Scorpions and Alice Cooper in an ampitheatre in CA. I remember being one of the youngest people there and not really knowing the music at the time, but by the end everyone around us getting a kick out of this kid up on the seat yelling at the stage.