Author Topic: Bad Santa  (Read 12377 times)

Bad Santa
« on: December 16, 2003, 12:43:00 pm »
Anyone seen it? Funniest movie I've ever seen. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

mankie

Re: Bad Santa
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 01:21:00 pm »
Bringing slap-stick drunken humor to such a joyous occasion as yuletide, not to mention ruining the wonderful fantasy of Santa Claus for so many children is very poor judgement.

That's the kind of comment you or Celeste would've made had someone else made your comment!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
I would not let a child under the age of 16 see this movie.

And you have it all wrong. My thoughts are that Satan Clause is a capitalist sham that is all part of the sickening marketing circus that is Xmas. There won't be any Satan Clause in our household, only homemade presents and toasts to the baby Jesus.

Originally posted by mankie:
  Bringing slap-stick drunken humor to such a joyous occasion as yuletide, not to mention ruining the wonderful fantasy of Santa Claus for so many children is very poor judgement.

That's the kind of comment you or Celeste would've made had someone else made your comment!

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »
So movies that are made with an adult twist on them not allowed to be made because they deal with childhood fantasies? What parent in their right mind would take a small child to see this movie? That's were Elf and Cat in The Hat come into play for this holiday season. Both movies geared towards kids with some hidden adult humor in them.

Bad Santa definitely had me laughing my side hurt!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

paige

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 There won't be any Satan Clause in our household, only homemade presents and toasts to the baby Jesus.

haha.. yeah right. you'll be buying your children wilco and old 97's records every christmas for the rest of their lives!!

mankie

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 01:32:00 pm »
 [QB]  only homemade presents and toasts to the baby Jesus.

So you hate jews then?

and I've seen the previews on telly....children can be exposed to that and have the Santa Claus dream crushed by the Hollywood capitalist pigs.

Celeste

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 01:34:00 pm »
No way, in fact, I was pondering at what age I might let a child see a movie like this...you just can't understand our subtlety, Leon.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 01:35:00 pm »
Well they should have the Santa Claus dream squashed.

Because Santa Claus is fucking fake, and by lying to kids about Santa Claus, you're setting a badprecedent that lying is ok in certain situations, when in reality, it's not.

Celeste

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 01:37:00 pm »
calm down! Santa need not be deemed a fake...one could use the opportunity to teach children about St. Nicholas...

paige

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 01:53:00 pm »
oh no i am sensing some marital dischord! what happened to the lovely happy couple?  :)

and please, don't go on telling me that "it's healthy to disagree" or something... i'm just kidding. wow. way to ruin my own little jab.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2003, 01:54:00 pm »
 and I've seen the previews on telly....
But I bet when you saw them they were on kinda late or on programming kids of that age that still believe in Santa Claus wouldn't or shouldn't be watching.  :)

I don't think they're showing ads for it during Power Rangers or whatever when most kids are watching kids/family television programs...

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Celeste

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by i do not heart winter:
  oh no i am sensing some marital dischord! what happened to the lovely happy couple?   :)  

and please, don't go on telling me that "it's healthy to disagree" or something... i'm just kidding. wow. way to ruin my own little jab.
he'll get his ass whuppin' later, don't you worry

mankie

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 02:28:00 pm »

Because Santa Claus is fucking fake, and by lying to kids about Santa Claus, you're setting a badprecedent that lying is ok in certain situations, when in reality, it's not.
Yet you think it's okay for you to live a lie, by being fake and trying to live a straight life. Hypocrit as well as jew and child hater.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2003, 05:58:00 pm »
Bad santa redux (might hafta clickit a coupla times to get it ta work)

Jaguär

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 12:02:00 am »
  And you have it all wrong. My thoughts are that Satan Clause is a capitalist sham that is all part of the sickening marketing circus that is Xmas. There won't be any Satan Clause in our household, only homemade presents and toasts to the baby Jesus.
Oh, no! More weird gifts for your poor son Flawd.