Author Topic: 15 Most Ill-Advised Career Reinventions in Rock Music Hi  (Read 6926 times)

Re: 15 Most Ill-Advised Career Reinventions in Rock Music Hi
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
True story but unreadable sentence.

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Just ask Al Gore.
And threads like this are the EXACT he invented the Internet.

True story. [/b]

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 11:54:00 am »
Brian, based on your whining and ranting I'd say you've got more sand in your vagina than just about anyone here.  

:)    :(    :o    :D    ;)    :p    :eek:

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  Seriously, the whole searching the internet for articles
Everybody knows the MacLeish quote. Or at least you  should.  Everyone here went to an expensive East Coast liberal arts school, didn't they?  I wouldn't know.  I went to a state school.

FYI, I bought in my late 30s my one and only Beatles album..  
That's one too many.  Why did you break such a perfect streak?  You could have gone through your ENTIRE life without hearing "All You Need Is Love."

Brian

Sage 703

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
  Seriously, the whole searching the internet for articles, etc that support your claims, posting them and then getting indigent when instant support isn't offered up is tiresome... Been there done that on this board... If being run out of town on rail is your idea of a good time, we'd be happy to oblige..

FYI, I bought in my late 30s my one and only Beatles album..
Really?  With your penchant for pop music, I'm really surprised by this.

Sage 703

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Everybody knows the MacLeish quote. Or at least you  should.  Everyone here went to an expensive East Coast liberal arts school, didn't they?  I wouldn't know.  I went to a state school.

[/b]
Brian, I hate to tell you this, but the University of Phoenix online degree program doesn't count as "going to a state school."

TheDirector217

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:

[/b]
Brian, I hate to tell you this, but the University of Phoenix online degree program doesn't count as "going to a state school." [/b]
The e-presence of Mr. Walalce seems to take your posting to a whole different, snarkier, darker place & your politeness goes out the window.

I fuckin' like it.  Carry on . . .

Sage 703

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »
  The e-presence of Mr. Walalce seems to take your posting to a whole different, snarkier, darker place & your politeness goes out the window.

Ha!  True enough.  He's probably the one exception.

Director, sweetcell shared a rumor that you're headed to Vegoose and hanging with him.  let's all put difference aside and drink to Daft Punk and Rage, no?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »
Just never felt the need to the own the Beatles, until one of my favorite musicians told me, I must own "Rubber Soul". I'd heard their body of work plenty on the radio etc... Of course now thanks to Kosmette's CD collection I do have a set of Beatles albums to listen if I felt the need.  But there are plenty of other albums to listen to and enjoy as well, either Beatles influenced or otherwise.
T.Rex

TheDirector217

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »

Director, sweetcell shared a rumor that you're headed to Vegoose and hanging with him.  let's all put difference aside and drink to Daft Punk and Rage, no? [/b]
You're more than welcome to come chop it up with us.  We just won't be playing any Radiohead* at the after party.    :D  

*well, maybe "Reckoner", "Jigsaw", & "Weird Fishes".  Cause those joints are fuckin' bonkers.
    ;)

Sage 703

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »

Director, sweetcell shared a rumor that you're headed to Vegoose and hanging with him.  let's all put difference aside and drink to Daft Punk and Rage, no? [/b]
You're more than welcome to come chop it up with us.  We just won't be playing any Radiohead* at the after party.     :D  

*well, maybe "Reckoner", "Jigsaw", & "Weird Fishes".  Cause those joints are fuckin' bonkers.
     ;)  [/b]
As long as you keep Sting out of the party as well, you've got a deal.

TheDirector217

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »

You're more than welcome to come chop it up with us.  We just won't be playing any Radiohead* at the after party.      :D    

:D

Sage 703

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »
  Just for the record you specifically said Sting.  You got a deal.

Any attempted revisions of this agreement will be seen as breach of e-contract.    :D  
I'll accept any Police recordings in which Sting is absent.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »

[/b]
Brian, I hate to tell you this, but the University of Phoenix online degree program doesn't count as "going to a state school." [/b]
I'm reminded of a quote from Courtney Love.  During Lollapalooza â??95 (at which Hole and Pavement played) Ms. Love was impressed by Mr. Malkmus's skill and described him as "a genius, the only guy I know who could complete the New York Times crossword puzzle in a matter of minutes."  So, the Lady Cobain challenged Malkmus to a daily New York Times crossword puzzle competition claiming:

"Hey, I got kicked out of a LOT of  good schools."

Brian