Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2582554 times)

Space Freely

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #6765 on: January 26, 2020, 05:47:00 pm »
Came here for spaces edgelord comments but Jules beat him to it.

Well, he did have a point.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryants-disturbing-rape-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

Still, feel sad for the surviving family members as well as family members of the other deceased.

Space Freely

« Reply #6766 on: January 26, 2020, 05:52:18 pm »
Are they?

Also did Kobe pilot helicopter?

No. These things are pretty easy to google.

Based on hours alone, helicopters are 85 times more dangerous than driving. ... That means it took drivers approximately 1.47 million hours to travel those 100 million miles, yielding a fatality rate of 0.054 per 100,000 hours in the car. By this measure, helicopter flying is just 27 times more dangerous than driving.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2011/06/are-helicopters-safer-than-cars.html

WALKonBack

« Reply #6767 on: January 26, 2020, 06:23:52 pm »
You, want sick fucking comments, that show how depraved social media is . . . go on his twitter account, right now.

Jesus . . . kill the human race, soon.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6768 on: January 26, 2020, 06:35:00 pm »
Helicopters are so dangerous but people keep using them

Cars are more dangerous, yet e get in them every day.
No, man. You are conflating professional aviation with private aviation. Getting on a commercial airliner at an airport is markedly more safe than driving there. Getting on your buddy’s private jet or helicopter (even with a professional pilot) is wildly dangerous. No one talks about this.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6769 on: January 26, 2020, 06:48:49 pm »
I'm reminded of when we lost John Denver, in a privately owned glider crash. Rocky Mountain High, indeed.

Space Freely

« Reply #6770 on: January 26, 2020, 06:56:26 pm »
I'm reminded of when we lost John Denver, in a privately owned glider crash. Rocky Mountain High, indeed.

What about this accident reminded you of that one?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6771 on: January 26, 2020, 06:57:39 pm »
I mean, rich people in private aircraft dropping like flies?

Space Freely

« Reply #6772 on: January 26, 2020, 07:09:24 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6773 on: January 26, 2020, 07:28:32 pm »

Happens all too frequently.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/01/kobe-bryant-and-15-other-athletes-and-celebrities-who-died-in-plane-and-helicopter-crashes.html
As the person who posted this, shouldn’t you be the exact person who DOESN’T have to inquire what grateful was talking about?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6774 on: January 26, 2020, 08:05:12 pm »

Happens all too frequently.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/01/kobe-bryant-and-15-other-athletes-and-celebrities-who-died-in-plane-and-helicopter-crashes.html
As the person who posted this, shouldn’t you be the exact person who DOESN’T have to inquire what grateful was talking about?

I guess my point was what about John Denver's death specifically was similar to this incident? I don't really see close echoes of Denver's accident in this one.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #6775 on: January 26, 2020, 10:04:46 pm »
I think John Denver's hoop skills were under-rated.

Space Freely

« Reply #6776 on: January 26, 2020, 10:20:33 pm »

Sure, but unlike John Denver, Kobe was no choker.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #6777 on: January 26, 2020, 10:24:18 pm »

OMFG Space. You're so right. They're untimely deaths in aircraft crashes bear no resemblance.

Tho tbh, John Denver had a better singing voice, so...

Space Freely

« Reply #6778 on: January 26, 2020, 10:35:26 pm »

OMFG Space. You're so right. They're untimely deaths in aircraft crashes bear no resemblance.

Tho tbh, John Denver had a better singing voice, so...

Why did you choose John Denver, instead of say, Troy Gentry, who died in a helicopter crash? Or Roy Halladay who was a similar age and future hall of famer? Or other celebrities, who died in small aircraft accidents in their prime? What was it about Kobe's death that specificially brought to mind John Denver. Help me here, Heiling!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #6779 on: January 27, 2020, 11:12:01 am »
Never heard of Gentry or Halladay, so that would explain why I didnt think of them.

Theres a long and winding path that took me from being a John Denver fan to becoming a Heilung adherent. Buy me a beer or two and I'll tell you the whole story.