Author Topic: oasis  (Read 3054 times)

reggie

oasis
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:58:00 pm »
am i gonna have to drive to philly for this show? c'mon IMP.

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
Re: oasis
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 07:06:00 pm »
ehh it's on a Saturday, 6/25, outdoors at Penns Landing on the river.  Could be OK. Could rain, too.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 12:29:00 am »
It's true...a drive up to Philly can be about the same drain of time as a trip out to Nissan on a workday from downtown.    :D

beedubyah

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
Cannot friggin wait.  Looks like a cool venue.  Anyone been there?

Before anyone invariably rips on Oasis, they should take in a live show.  They are world-class.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 05:59:00 pm »
yup stellar live act, as witness on the bands second US tour, the lead singer gets bored during the guitar solos and sits down...  definitely maybe not
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  yup stellar live act, as witness on the bands second US tour, the lead singer gets bored during the guitar solos and sits down...  definitely maybe not
ZING!
(o|o)

Fico

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 06:24:00 pm »
Newsflash Kosmo, only guitarists DON'T get bored with their solos...  :p

bearman🐻

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »
Oasis used to be amazing. The first few tours I didn't think they were all that...their peak was probably in 1999 when Gem and Andy just joined the band. I saw them at one of those holidays concert things and to be honest they blew away everything else that night (though the only other worthy band of note was the Foo Fighters). I don't know what they're like live these days. But I have some good memories of them from around 1996 and 1997 too.

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 11:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Oasis used to be amazing. The first few tours I didn't think they were all that...their peak was probably in 1999 when Gem and Andy just joined the band. I saw them at one of those holidays concert things and to be honest they blew away everything else that night (though the only other worthy band of note was the Foo Fighters). I don't know what they're like live these days. But I have some good memories of them from around 1996 and 1997 too.
No doubt. PA will be great. The rest of the tour as well.

beedubyah

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 01:27:00 am »
Im kinda weird this way...Instead of watching the people who arent playing.  I watch the people who are.  Weird I know...

For the record, I do wish Liam would show more attention to the songs that hes not involved in..but I dont really care...just gives more ammo to people who dont like Oasis because theyre real jerks.

and bunnyman.  Theyre probably better now than in  99....now that they have better musicians in the band

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 09:26:00 am »
They haven't been "Oasis" since Bonehead and crew left.

They do put on a good show though, but I think Noel should go solo and be rid of his arsehole brother once and for all, because Noel is the only Gallagher with any talent. Liam is to Oasis what Bez was to the Happy Mondays.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 09:41:00 am »
Who's this Oasis band you people are going on about?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 09:53:00 am »
full disclosure, when Deffo Maybe was out I thought it was the WOW record at the time.  I fully knew that Liam would plop his arse down when I saw them.  They were still as exicting to watch as paint drying.  It was when they broken big with What's they started playing arenas here, that I lost interest.  That and I realized just how deriative the music was and how trite and cliched the lyrics of Whats were.

Recently listed to Deffo Maybe for the first time in a long time and other than the obvious singles the record is pretty subpar.  

And a followup comment about them being the biggest band of UK since the Who.  I'm sure Def Leppard and U2 for starters would disagree with that.
T.Rex

beedubyah

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
  full disclosure, when Deffo Maybe was out I thought it was the WOW record at the time.  I fully knew that Liam would plop his arse down when I saw them.  They were still as exicting to watch as paint drying.  It was when they broken big with What's they started playing arenas here, that I lost interest.  That and I realized just how deriative the music was and how trite and cliched the lyrics of Whats were.

Recently listed to Deffo Maybe for the first time in a long time and other than the obvious singles the record is pretty subpar.  

And a followup comment about them being the biggest band of UK since the Who.  I'm sure Def Leppard and U2 for starters would disagree with that.
Def. Maybe subpar?  Man.  Guess youre entitled to your opinion...

Youre right U2 is a bigger band than Oasis.  I wont respond to Def Leppard.  My opinion, if Oasis had played the game correctly, they could be where U2 is right now.  

Oh well.  I know the impression of Oasis among Americans.  Im not going to change anyone's opinion.  If you can, go to a show.  You may have a different opinion.

Arthwys

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
Can't count U2 as a UK band.....they formed in Dublin.
Emrys