Author Topic: now i know what "sold out" means  (Read 7168 times)

walkonby

now i know what "sold out" means
« on: January 09, 2005, 06:39:00 pm »
here are these bands, such as keane, the arcade fire, and of course, let's not forget bright eyes, and they all sold out nine thirty in like five seconds, and i was like wow, they must be damn good bands to pull off what george clinton can't seem to pull off . . . and then i go to ebay, and see that about half of the tickets are there, being sold by ticket brokers for insane prices.

ha-hah

dtqjr

Re: now i know what "sold out" means
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 06:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  here are these bands, such as keane, the arcade fire, and of course, let's not forget bright eyes, and they all sold out nine thirty in like five seconds, and i was like wow, they must be damn good bands to pull off what george clinton can't seem to pull off . . . and then i go to ebay, and see that about half of the tickets are there, being sold by ticket brokers for insane prices.

ha-hah
Maybe Clinton sells out, maybe he doesn't but he would sell more tickets if he lowered the prices.  I've seen him and enjoy the shows but don't feel like paying $35 or greater to see him when I could pay $12 for Arcade Fire.

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 08:00:00 pm »
I believe Clinton usually sells out.  I've him at 930 within the past year and it was a sellout.  He might have trouble this time as he just had a show in nearby Baltimore.  Or Annapolis?

Captain Jack

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 10:00:00 pm »
George Clinton feat.  CHUCK BROWN.

freddyadu

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 01:14:00 am »
I think both Bright Eyes and Arcade Fire sold out last week, maybe about a week (?) after the news was posted here.

joz

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 11:38:00 am »

ha-hah
actually, i bought bright eyes tix before i heard about the arcade fire show...as a 9-5er, i simply can't justify feeling like shit two days in a row for bright eyes.  they're just not THAT great.  arcade fire, however...those tix are keepers. so i posted my tickets on ebay. i'm not a broker and i've never "scalped" a ticket.  i'm just looking to get face and ticketbastard fees back.  the first couple of sets sold for about $140 bucks a pair, which i think is ridiculous.  i mean, who in their right mind would pay $70 to see conor oberst?  seriously. now they're selling for $80 a pair...much more reasonable.  i'm just hoping to get $60 to cover the ticket cost, ebay fees and shipping.

post note: i tried to use the ticket x-change on this forum before to get rid of tix for another show.  had a girl interested in tix and arranged to meet her. went to starbucks in dupont, waited for 45 minutes and she never showed.  f*ck that noise.

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
hey joz, never trust people; they'll screw you every time.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
What self-respecting man would call his band "Bright Eyes" anyway?

joz

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
  hey joz, never trust people; they'll screw you every time.
fave line from american beauty..."the only person you can depend on is yourself". so true.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
"7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby."

Sir HC

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 05:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckonwith:
  "7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby."
6 is better.

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 05:46:00 pm »
i really liked that brad pitt, seven, movie.

and that jesus heavy metal band of the eighties, stryper, with their love for the number seven.

and channel seven news; who can't help but to love those yutzs.

and how you can get seven letters on a virginia licence plate.  

i love to count to seven, just like that vampire on sesame street.  laughs and lightening included.