Author Topic: She Wants Revenge - Black Cat  (Read 1968 times)

killsaly

She Wants Revenge - Black Cat
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »
Anybody else going? I was dissapointed to miss the last 930 club show of theirs, I believe with Placebo, and am excited to go see them tonight.  I loved their first cd, and this new one has slowly be growing on me.  Anybody know the headliners, if they should be missed or not?

saintangelsin

Re: She Wants Revenge - Black Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »
Actually they didn't play the 930 club with Placebo though it was during that tour, placebo weren't booked.

Anyway, I shall be at the Black Cat tonight for the show. It shall be awesome. This is like my 6th time seeing them. But first time in like a year and since the new album came out.

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »
im sorry, i meant the date they were playing in Phildelphia Electric Factory for that tour is the one i wanted to go to. I got it confuse with the She Wants Revenge, Pretty Girls Make Graves, and Monsters are Waiting show that was at the 930 club around the same time, and which I also missed.

killsaly

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 02:21:00 am »
Great show.  I didnt catch the Start, but Kenna and She Wants Revenge kept giving them props, so I am guessing they were good.  I arrived just as Kenna took the stage, and they owned it for the shoirt time they were on it (seemed to be less than a half hour.) I wawsnt familiar with Kenna, but really liked their mix of funk, synth pop, and rock. The singer has some fun dance moves too.  
 She Wants Revenge were really, really good.  They played a solid mix of first cd and second cd songs, with the first half of the show being a one for one.  The last half mainly focused on new tracks, but the crowd didnt mind.  Everyone seemed to really get into it, and I even saw a bit of dancing.  
 All in all, a good show, and a great way to spend a Saturday night in DC.

saintangelsin

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:00 am »
I only saw a few songs by the Start but they were pretty kickass. I saw them about 5 years ago at Warped Tour and remember them kicking a lot of ass.

As for Kenna, I was a bit disappointed he was only on stage for such a short amount of time. I saw the first song and figured I was safe to go downstairs for a few minutes. By the time I got back upstairs he was already off the stage. I kinda figured he probably didn't play any of the songs from his first album. I got into Kenna back in 2003, because he was on tour with Dave Gahan's solo tour.

As for She Wants Revenge, I thought the boys did a fantastic job last night. The sound in the club was a little loud. I was in the front, stage left and near the amplifiers and it was pretty rough at times in terms of loudness, but that's not their fault. As for the new material, I thought it sounded pretty great. I was really happy that they turned out so damn well live. I was really happy to hear a few songs from the first album. I don't think I've seen a better version of "Out of Control" and last night was my 6th time seeing them in the DC/MD area.

All and all, I think last night was a pretty fun night. It made me super happy to find out that the show was sold out! SWR haven't done that around here, so last night was their first time doing a sold out gig in DC. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »
I wasn't into this show from the start, it was my third time seeing them and I didn't dig their setlist. I saw them up at Sonar about a year or more ago and that was teh best show of theres I saw. I mean it was a good show, but I wasn't into it.

No "I Don't Wanna Fall In Love"?

For shame!
‼‼?‼‼

saintangelsin

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 12:18:00 am »
I knew that they weren't going to do that song. Honestly, it's probably one of my least favorites from the first album. After hearing it live 5 times, I think I'll be good to go for awhile.

Besides, there are some even better cuts from the new album that were quite thrilling to hear live!I will admit that I was disappointed that they didn't play "Black Liner Run." Though it's a
 b-side, it fucking kicks live. Also, I was a bit shocked that they did "She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not" live. I figured that they were going to take that one out of rotation, because it sometimes drags live. Funnily enough though, it sounded really good this 6th time around.

I think their best live show in DC was probably the first time they played their own headlining show. April 1, 2006 with Nightmare of You. SWR basically played the whole album except for "Killing Time" and "Monologue." Not to mention, they did both of the B-sides from their first EP.

I get the feeling since they sold out the Black Cat, the next time they're in town they might play 9:30 Club, which is cool but it's not as personal as the black cat or Sonar.