Author Topic: Drinks, merch...  (Read 3687 times)

ayates

Drinks, merch...
« on: July 07, 2007, 08:42:00 pm »
On average, what do you spend total when going to a show?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Drinks, merch...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »
About $10 tops.  Don't buy merch very often and cokes are not expensive.  Some nights when in a designated driver friendly environment I don't spend anything (other than tips for the bar keeps).
FUKIT

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »
usually 15 to 20 on drinks, 15 to 20 on shirt + sticker or patch or poster. so between 30 and 40.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »
I don't usually buy any merch and am often the designated driver, so not much.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »
depends on the band. i typically don't buy any merch, but won't spend more than $20 when i go.

drinks on the other hand? depends on the night. it's been as high as $60 or as low as $2 for a diet coke. on a typical night though, when i'm not the DD, i'll average about $20 on drinks and probably the nachos at the club  :)
nothx

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 11:59:00 pm »
Depends on the band. Arctic Monkeys i bought a poster and a shirt and i wanted buttons [i have an unexplainable obsession with buttons]. THe only band I would spend moer than that on is QOTSA.

Last time i bought a shirt and a poster and i would have bought patches, buttons, and the sweater if i had enough money.
‼‼?‼‼

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
im getting it down to an art form where im spending 0$ aside for tickets. friends buying drinks, (or not drinking inside the venues). then again, nyc ticket prices tend to be higher than DC, so i attribute that to my buying less merch. shirts often times are more expensive than the ticket itself, which makes my head spin so on those nights theres def no merch bought.

so i guess anywhere from 0-15$.

since ive come to find that shows at maxwells are ridiculously cheap - id expect my spending on merch to go significantly up as well as drinks, but i read that they have really cheap beers $2 yuenglings. cant go wrong with that  :)
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 01:39:00 pm »
i almost never buy merch (got a !!! t-shirt a few months ago, before that i can't remember the last time i bought anything there other than $1 earplugs b/c i forgot my etymotics).

drinks are my budget-killer, depending on the night.  if it's a school-night and i'm not 100% excited about the band: ~2 beers plus maybe something for the lady so $20'ish.  if it's friday or saturday, or if i'm primed for a big night out (ex: iggy & the stooges), then i've been known to go over $80, including drinks bought for others.  although $40-50 would be a more representative average.

hello, my name is sweetcell and i have a concert problem...
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
Zero for drinks/merch. $$$ on gas though!
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »
I seldom buy merch, save for the occasional CD, usually a replacement for something I "borrowed" off the internet (the artists make the most money off their product if I do it that way).  I used to buy a poster or two as well, but the Fillmore gives them away so I don't have to buy them any longer.

I'm good for about two drinks a show, usually a bottle of the High Life.  I've pretty much given up the hard alcohol over the past few years after a few "unfortunate" incidents.  Sometimes, with permission, Whiskey Vansmack gets to make an appearance, depending on the artist.

So, on the average, just about $11, $20 if I buy a CD.  And I rarely drive to shows, thus saving gas and our environment.
27>34

Sir HC

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
If I get in free, I often buy a shirt or CD.  If it is a band I know is touring cheap and a T shirt could well mean gas money to the next show, often I get one, but usually no drinks, so no money.

I used to say if you get in free and buy nothing, you are an imaginary patron.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 09:57:00 am »
It will probably come as no surprise to anyone that I typically spend nothing.

Once in a great while, I'll buy a cd, if the cd has just been released and I haven't had a chance to pick it up. Usually, I already own the relevant cd's of the band I'm seeing. I haven't bought any t-shirts in a long time, my dresser drawers are full of them.

I never buy drinks, but if money were no object, I'd probably buy one beer or one glass of wine, as I rarely drink more than that except when I'm on vacation.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 10:29:00 am »
$15-20 on drinks on a weeknight.  Add $10 for a weekend show.  Double those numbers if my SO is in attendance.  Triple that if it's a band we're a bit nutty for.  Quadruple that if sweetcell is in attendance.

The only merch I usually buy are 7" singles.  That's a guaranteed sale as long as your band doesn't royally suck.

Starsky

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 10:14:42 am »

Black Friday sale

https://merch.930.com/

Starsky

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2021, 10:24:29 am »
Oh and to answer the question

I typically don’t buy merch unless a shirt really catches my eye and band delivered big time…if an act is selling autographed LPs I might buy one (why more acts don’t do this is beyond me…automatic money maker and isn’t the point to get your records out there?)
I got to admit I see a lot of shirts these days at $35 and that seems pricey to me…

At the bar? It would be unusual at a show at the 930 not to spend $50 and up… just beer