Author Topic: New Morrissey Date?  (Read 16780 times)

dave24

New Morrissey Date?
« on: July 10, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »
Word has it that the Atlantic City and Philadelphia dates have been rescheduled, but that Baltimore and New York City are set to be cancelled.  Does anyone know if this is true, or is there going to be a date for Ram's Head announced soon?

Vas Deferens

Re: New Morrissey Date?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »
Following successful shows in Boston and Norfolk Morrissey's US tour is back in full swing. With that in mind we are delighted to announce rescheduled dates for Philadelphia at The Mann Centre on the 23rd of July and Atlantic City at the Borgata on the 24th of July. It has not been possible to reschedule shows at New York's Madison Square Garden, Holmdel, New Jersey's PNC Arts Centre, Northampton, Mass's, Pines Theatre or Baltimore's Ram's Head as despite our best efforts those venues are not available during the remaining tour period. It is hoped that we will be able to add a US leg to the tour this fall and that we will be able to play all of the above cities. In the meantime anyone holding tickets to those 4 shows should obtain a refund at the point of purchase. The tour continues this week with shows in Knoxville,TN; Clearwater, FL; Boca Raton, FL and Orlando, FL.
(_|_)

bnyced0

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by dave24:
  Word has it that the Atlantic City and Philadelphia dates have been rescheduled, but that Baltimore and New York City are set to be cancelled.  Does anyone know if this is true, or is there going to be a date for Ram's Head announced soon?
Rams Head is DEAD, as is MSG.  Of course those are both of the shows I had on this leg, I'm probably going to the Borgata on the 24th like Morrissey I'm booked til then.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
this sucks! i cant even get tix to the borgata show and id even be able to get there (or id find a way). are they issuing out more tickets or does anyone know the deal? stupid MSG! maybe bloc party can open for morrissey  :)
HeyLa

snailhook

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 04:28:00 pm »
yeah, this really sucks. i had a ticket to wolf trap but had to emergency bartend, and i was all set to go to ram's head when it got canceled.

i'm going to try to go to philly or atlantic city. the borghata would be a trip.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
i need someone to go with for the Philly date. Where is the Mann center?
(_|_)

TheDirector217

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  i need someone to go with for the Philly date. Where is the Mann center?
I wouldn't mind that.  Are you coming back that night or staying in Philly??? If you're coming back, I'm in for sure . . . .

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  Where is the Mann center?
It's near the zoo.

Brian

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »
TheDirector: If I go, I'll let you know. Not definite yet at this point..but really need to see him again after that Wolftrap show!!

Definitely going back home though! (have to work the next day).
(_|_)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  yeah, this really sucks. i had a ticket to wolf trap but had to emergency bartend, and i was all set to go to ram's head when it got canceled.

i'm going to try to go to philly or atlantic city. the borghata would be a trip.
that really sucks about the emergency bartending, esp since he played that night. im still pissed that MSG is just a f'ing nightmare mess.

anyway if anyone hears anything about tix to the borgata, please let me know  :)  im not about to go broke trying to get moz tickets with the scalper prices.
HeyLa

snailhook

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »
yeah, the one area show he did play was the night i got called in. my consolation is that i had a really  great monday night. i'm confident i'll be able to make mann or borghata.

slowgraffiti

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »
ram's head couldn't confirm but i can conceive that it wouldn't be worth his while to play a small show in baltimore if he's skipping msg... with any luck i'm wrong.

RonniStar

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »
Good thing I caught me at Wolftrap last week! The show was great!

K8teebug

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »
This sucks.....this show was one of the only shows I actually got tickets to this year.  (Buying a house kinda puts a damper on going to everything....)

sucks.

lukiedookie89

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 03:23:00 am »
This blows.  I was so excited to see him at a small venue.  Here's hoping he comes back.