Author Topic: QOTSA Pre-sale  (Read 6810 times)

dave24

QOTSA Pre-sale
« on: July 10, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »
Tomorrow at 10:00 - not sure if it's via Ram's Head Live's site, or TM - but... password hint - well, some people here would rather I not give one

Question - if you hold passwords back until after all of the boardies get their tickets... isn't that a bit counter to the goal?  The whole point to posting here and not on a QOTSA message board was so that the people here can get their tickets.

vansmack

Re: QOTSA Pre-sale
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »
We make a habit of not posting passwords until after all boardies have obtained their tickets.  It's like a little club only, the initiation isn't that tough.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 04:55:00 pm »
pre-sale, whooo-hoo!  time to shut out the "real fans"!!!
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  We make a habit of not posting passwords until after all boardies have obtained their tickets.  
there's actually a mutually-shared google spreadsheet with everyone's info and whether or not they've gotten their tickets yet ... until we reach 90% fulfillment, anyone publicizing the password will be drawn and quartered ... after our crazed ticket appetite has been sated, however, feel free to spread the password far and wide and fuck over the REAL FANS out there who are just trying to see their idols without all the internet password rigmarole

Originally posted by vansmack:
  the initiation isn't that tough.
speak for yourself, i couldn't sit down for a week after ggw "broke me in"
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by dave24:
  Tomorrow at 10:00 - not sure if it's via Ram's Head Live's site, or TM - but... password hint - "the opposite of wealthy"  -  you guys feel better now?  ;-)

Oh well, I laughed...  good enough for me
[shaking head]

You're only harming your own chances, Dave24, you're only harming your own chances....

[/shaking head]
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 05:17:00 pm »
  Question - if you hold passwords back until after all of the boardies get their tickets... isn't that a bit counter to the goal?  The whole point to posting here and not on a QOTSA message board was so that the people here can get their tickets.
Then offer to PM the password to anyone who asks.

We've seen it all....
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »
the goal is to enrich our small herd (interweb nerds who populate this godforsaken corner of the net) at the expense of the larger concert-going public

it would seem as though our policy of not publicizing the password until 90% of us who have professed an interest in attending the show actually get tickets is not "a bit counter to the goal", wouldn't you say?

we actually instituted the 90% rule as a compromise to appease whiners like yourself, for years we waited on releasing the password until we all had received tickets
(o|o)

dave24

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 05:28:00 pm »
Whiners?  Well, I don't think I'm whining.  Nonetheless... CHILL WINSTON.  

Wow, you're easy to rile.  Get over yourself.

Personally - I'm not sitting around waiting to PM everyone who is interested. I have at least some semblance of a life.

Hey - everyone - there's a pre-sale tomorrow.  Ask any of the above for the password, as they saw it before I removed it at their request.  If you're shut out - not my bad...  If not, enjoy the show.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 05:29:00 pm »
how the hell did you get pre-sale info!?

and where do we go to get those tickets?  :D
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 05:30:00 pm »
 Wow, you're easy to rile.  Get over yourself.
is your sarcasm radar really that busted up?
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 05:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  is your sarcasm radar really that busted up?
I for one, am glad you've jumped on board the sarcasm wagon, hoya.  It actually made the Smashing Pumpkin days not so bad.
27>34

PigIron

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong - and I could be.  Anyway, is a pre-sale password worth anything for a QOTSA show at Ram's Head?  Will a show sell out during a pre-sale?  I'm sure that this band will sell out this venue, but during the pre-sale??  
 I've always thought that pre-sale passwords were valuable for places with seating, as they give you a shot at the "best" seats, but here - in a general admission club - does it matter that much?

I'm pissed that they are coming on a Wednesday!  The following weekend better include a show in DC, Richmond, Philly or some other town within driving distance.  Or maybe I'll work the next day on 3-4 hours sleep.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 07:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  Or maybe I'll work the next day on 3-4 hours sleep.
Queens are well worth the drive and I myself would take every opportunity i could to see them.
‼‼?‼‼

PigIron

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

Originally posted by PigIron:
  Or maybe I'll work the next day on 3-4 hours sleep.
Queens are well worth the drive and I myself would take every opportunity i could to see them. [/b]
The drive is only about 20 minutes from me - I live just south.  But I get up at 4:30.  I've seen them a couple of times and I agree, phenomenal show.  I'm praying I get a break here though and I get a weekend date.

Jesse

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »
Could someone message me the pre-sale password??

getting QOTSA tickets would definitely heal the wounds from not getting Smashing pumpkins tickets and the possible cancelation of the Morrissey show at Rams Head.