Author Topic: Superdrag Reunion  (Read 15666 times)

malkmess

Re: Superdrag Reunion
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

Originally posted by malkmess:
  ah, the put-outs. the put-outs and superdrag in baltimore in 2002 is still one of the best gigs i've ever seen.
I think I have 'drag's set on CD.  Was it at Fletchers? [/b]
you have it on cd? woah, how did i miss that? gotta get me a copy of that show.

Sir HC

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »
I did sound so I made a CD of the show.  I have to clean it up to get it down to one CD.

I am bummed I didn't record the 930 show they did after that one, that was a great show.

BookerT

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »
i'm pretty sure i saw an ash/superdrag/nada surf show at irving plaza back in 1996. maybe 1997? but that was a long time ago, it's hard to remember that far back. does that sound right? i thought ash sucked it hard but the other two bands, riding high on their buzz clips, were really good.

Lamb007

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »
My first Superdrag show ever was at 9:30 in 1996 with For Squirrels, The Nixons, and Echobelly. One of the most fucked up bills I've ever seen at the Club.

martinrob

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »
What ever happened to FOR Squirrels?  They ahd that one song, "Mighty KC" about Kurt Cobain. Then...

nkotb

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2007, 05:49:00 pm »
On September 8, 1995, while returning from playing the CMJ Music Marathon in New York City, the band was involved in an auto accident that killed [singer Jack] Vigliatura, White, and their tour manager, Tim Bender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Squirrels

Originally posted by martinrob:
  What ever happened to FOR Squirrels?  They ahd that one song, "Mighty KC" about Kurt Cobain. Then...

Lamb007

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by martinrob:
The Superdrag show I mentioned was actually after the van accident. The surviving members tried to make a go of it, and I seem to remember that KC song getting some play. But that 9:30 show was the last I ever heard of them.

ratioci nation

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »
the superdrag show when they played a full set at 9:30 because GBV had to cancel is one of my top 5 9:30 shows ever, because of both the band and the company, shame no portland date yet

Lamb007

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2007, 07:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  the superdrag show when they played a full set at 9:30 because GBV had to cancel is one of my top 5 9:30 shows ever, because of both the band and the company, shame no portland date yet
They will not be adding any west coast dates. These six are it. Hey, I'm sure you can get a cheap flight to Dulles Pollard. Just don't tell Rhett. He hates to see boardies waste money flying all over to see bands--bar bands no less.

Random Citizen

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
I was at that show, too! It would be great if they came to Portland and they do have a sort-of tie here, but if they don't I'll be at the 9:30 show for sure.

Edit: There's no such thing as a "cheap" flight from PDX to Dulles. However, it does have the advantage of being a non-stop flight option via United, which is why I typically fly there instead of to BWI.

reggie

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:00 pm »
People who judge bands on a barometer of terms like "relevant" and "important" are douchebags. Those words are totally subjective and essentially meaningless. And who gives a shit anyway? Do you like the music? That should be enough. I've never thrown out a cd and said to myself "wow, i really like these songs, but they're not IMPORTANT so I have to get rid of this." [/END RANT]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by reggie:
  People who judge bands on a barometer of terms like "relevant" and "important" are douchebags. Those words are totally subjective and essentially meaningless. And who gives a shit anyway? Do you like the music? That should be enough. I've never thrown out a cd and said to myself "wow, i really like these songs, but they're not IMPORTANT so I have to get rid of this." [/END RANT]
People who take a random person's concept of cultural relevance so seriously that they feel the need to rant about it are douchebags.  I've never read someone talking about a critical abstraction like "importance" and said to myself "wow, their pomposity angers me so much that i feel the need to bitch and moan about it on an internet message board."  Especially when that person is obviously being sarcastic and mocking someone else. [/END RANT]
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2007, 12:37:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
 Ask the Hebrew National people.
huh?  some folks in The National's entourage have converted to judaism?!?  no wonder they're becoming so big now, what with jews running the entire entertainment industry and all...
<sig>

reggie

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 01:31:00 am »
hoya, are you the same guy who got pissed off at me for talking shit about that band Irving after their Georgetown gig with Voxtrot?
 if so...you need to relax dude.

nkotb

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2007, 06:52:00 am »
The Hebrew National: a Matisyahu/National supergroup

Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by nkotb:
 Ask the Hebrew National people.
huh?  some folks in The National's entourage have converted to judaism?!?  no wonder they're becoming so big now, what with jews running the entire entertainment industry and all... [/b]