Author Topic: Melissa Etheridge - FOUR nights @ 9:30  (Read 15523 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Melissa Etheridge - FOUR nights @ 9:30
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2003, 09:36:00 am »
generally speaking, the artist sets the ticket price - I mean, the promoter has a lot to do with it, but the ultimate approval comes from the artist (and/or their representatives)

we can fight it if we think it's too high but, in this case, I have never promoted Melissa Etheridge before and didn't have an opinion. I tend to think that when someone is that bold they must have a reason - and they are usually right. in this case, they were actually taking almost all of the risk themselves, so they were putting their money where their mouth is, which is quite rare, and I was truly impressed. good for her.

looks like all of the shows will probably sell out, so the supply & demand question seems to have been answered.

now as for a performance worthy of $75...we'll have to wait until March to find that one out, but she's obviously set the bar quite high for herself. I'll be there.

Bags

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2003, 02:54:00 pm »
From Pollstar (all the special ticket packages make me wretch, just 'cuz of this whole new trend -- Seth, I know you have nothing to do with it! ):

Get Lucky With Melissa Etheridge
 Updated 07:13 PST Sat, Dec 20 2003

Melissa Etheridge is inviting fans out on her Get Lucky Super Club Tour.

Each stop will be a multi-night engagement, starting with four shows at the House of Blues in Hollywood in February. San Francisco will follow with three gigs, then it's back down to SoCal for another four shows, this time in Anaheim.

Denver only gets two shows, while Chicago nabs Etheridge for four. Then it's off to Washington, D.C., for the final stop and another four gigs.

The intimate settings will showcase the singer's newest album, Lucky, which hits stores February 10.

There are a couple of ticket options Etheridge is making available to her fans. The first is through the fan club, which gets concert-goers a special M.E.I.N. (fan club) entry line.

The other ticket special is called the "Super ME" ticket, and it includes general admission with priority entry, a pre-show reception, access to the VIP section during the show, a special event poster, and a "Super ME" laminate.

Check out Etheridge's Web site at melissaetheridge.com for further details on tickets as well as travel package information.

Sir HC

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2003, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  The other ticket special is called the "Super ME" ticket, and it includes general admission with priority entry, a pre-show reception, access to the VIP section during the show, a special event poster, and a "Super ME" laminate.

Is  there a Mini-M.E. option too?

MaLo

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »
  Are you kidding?  It's going to sell out in a matter of days, I'll bet.  She sells out Wolftrap year after year -- what's that capacity?

Though, I will say, the tix are expensive.  I had four people ready to go, and three dropped out (including me).
when has she played wolftrap?  i've worked there for the past 7 years and don't remember her there...

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2003, 12:22:00 pm »
I had that thought too, but didn't know how it could be checked.

Originally posted by MaLo:

Are you kidding?  It's going to sell out in a matter of days, I'll bet.  She sells out Wolftrap year after year -- what's that capacity?

Though, I will say, the tix are expensive.  I had four people ready to go, and three dropped out (including me).
when has she played wolftrap?  i've worked there for the past 7 years and don't remember her there... [/b]

Bags

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2003, 01:11:00 am »
Wow, the wolftrap shows must be that long ago.  It's possible though; I've been here 14 years, so maybe it was 10, 12 years ago.  Whew.  I thought she kept playing there as well (Indigo Girls also played every year for a good run in the early 90s....)