Author Topic: What type of scenester are you?  (Read 8004 times)

Celeste

Re: What type of scenester are you?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 01:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  Ditto.  Bad quiz, too few options for 'normal' folks who just go to lots of shows, listen to lots of music, and dig city life in a non-annoying fashion.
whether something or someone is "annoying" is highly subjective...for example, I find many of your posts exceedingly annoying...but that's just me...I do agree that it's not the greatest quiz though...anyone over 30's gonna get "you are either a record nerd or not a scenester at all. you are the coolest of the bunch. bravo, dude." for sure...

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 01:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:

Ditto.  Bad quiz, too few options for 'normal' folks who just go to lots of shows, listen to lots of music, and dig city life in a non-annoying fashion.
whether something or someone is "annoying" is highly subjective...for example, I find many of your posts exceedingly annoying...but that's just me...I do agree that it's not the greatest quiz though...anyone over 30's gonna get "you are either a record nerd or not a scenester at all. you are the coolest of the bunch. bravo, dude." for sure... [/b]
i am not 30

and i wish you and rhett would leave again.

Celeste

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

i am not 30

and i wish you and rhett would leave again. [/b]
I didn't say ONLY people over 30 would get that answer...

Jaguär

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 03:01:00 pm »
I am over 30 and I got:

"you are a pretentious indie asshole. you piss off everybody but other pretentious indie assholes. you suck extremely hard and only listen to stuff on pitchfork media. fuck you."

And I'm sure that you are agreeing with that. That's okay, I'll claim it with pride and I would say that I embrace my inner pretentious indie asshole except that I would sound too much like a certain someone who is "not a scenester at all".

Funny thing is, I don't like GBV and I don't read Pitchfork, yet, they are my people and I love everyone of those pretentious indie assholes. Even some of those record nerds.

mankie

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  I am over 30 and I got:

"you are a pretentious indie asshole. you piss off everybody but other pretentious indie assholes. you suck extremely hard and only listen to stuff on pitchfork media. fuck you."

And I'm sure that you are agreeing with that. That's okay, I'll claim it with pride and I would say that I embrace my inner pretentious indie asshole except that I would sound too much like a certain someone who is "not a scenester at all".

Funny thing is, I don't like GBV and I don't read Pitchfork, yet, they are my people and I love everyone of those pretentious indie assholes. Even some of those record nerds.
Can I embrace your pretentious indie asshole too please jag?  ;)

Jaguär

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 04:01:00 pm »
:roll:

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
Hey Sonick, what exactly did I do/say this time to offend you? Please tell me. I never even called you "Spin".

[/qb][/QUOTE]i am not 30

and i wish you and rhett would leave again. [/QB][/QUOTE]

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Hey Sonick, what exactly did I do/say this time to offend you? Please tell me. I never even called you "Spin".

i am not 30

and i wish you and rhett would leave again. [/QB][/QUOTE] [/QB][/QUOTE]

sorry, didnt mean to include you in that.

PR_GMR

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
I got:

you are either a record nerd or not a scenester at all. you are the coolest of the bunch. bravo, dude.
... which is quite o right with me. I don't care for hipsters/scenesters much.   :cool:

Bags

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 04:40:00 pm »
Dude, you the man.  I agree, but c'est la vie.  Only Celeste could take a completely benign comment not directed at any person at all and try to start another brouhaha.

Yuck.

Originally posted by Celeste:

whether something or someone is "annoying" is highly subjective...for example, I find many of your posts exceedingly annoying...but that's just me...I do agree that it's not the greatest quiz though...anyone over 30's gonna get "you are either a record nerd or not a scenester at all. you are the coolest of the bunch. bravo, dude." for sure... [/b]
i am not 30

and i wish you and rhett would leave again. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 05:01:00 pm »
I have never seen anyone try to spell "brouhaha"

:)

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 05:05:00 pm »
You said you find Dupek's posts annoying. Celeste says she finds your posts annoying. What is the difference?

[QB] Dude, you the man.  I agree, but c'est la vie.  Only Celeste could take a completely benign comment not directed at any person at all and try to start another brouhaha.

Yuck.

Bags

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 05:05:00 pm »
  I have never seen anyone try to spell "brouhaha"

:)  
That's probably in part why I'm so annoying.    :p

Bags

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Because, Rhett, I said as much about Dupek's posts in a thread about annoying posts.  Celeste said as much out of nowhere -- I was assuming following up on my post about the quiz.

Hey, y'all can think and say whatever you want.  I should take it as a compliment, actually.  Still, I agree with Sonick.  I find y'all, but especially Celeste, needlessly incendiary.

flawd101

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
yay anthrax!!! its wierd cuz i'm listening to them when seeing that picture....

i gots you are either a record nerd or not a scenester at all. you are the coolest of the bunch. bravo, dude.

i think those questions weren't open enough. my answer wasn't in most of them.