Author Topic: Random Ranting..  (Read 3864 times)

DJeepchick

Random Ranting..
« on: November 10, 2003, 05:37:00 pm »
Would the moderators consider adding a ??random rants & raves? section of the forum for those folks who just want to ramble on about their cars, wives, football/soccer,pseudonyms.. or who??s black/gay/fat/queer/ugly/racist/,etc?.

I used to visit this site rather frequently, it was a great place to find out about DC??s music scene, but now I typically check in only to see the schedule. Most of what is posted here are the same 4 or 5 people (you know who you are) who spend their entire day ranting on about useless information that, more often than not, has NOTHING to do with the 9:30 club or music. Although I must confess to a few laughs now and then and Dupek is particularly amusing, it would be nice to read a music/show/club-related thread that stays on topic.  

Could this possibly be what Dupek was eluding to in his ??ignore member query??.

It??s a shame really, this used to be a GREAT site.   :(  

:stands by for brow beating:   :p

markie

Re: Random Ranting..
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 06:11:00 pm »
Normally topics about a band are obvious, because of their title. Normally the first few postings in a topic are about the topic.

Perhaps you should check out the board at woxy.com
 They are made to stay on topic there. I normally enjoy the free flowing, organic nature that topics take on here though.

I am sorry we annoy you.

Perhaps if you start topics about music or bands you are interested in you would have a much better time?

((Dupek just finds an individual or two annoying))

Guiny

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 06:12:00 pm »
Let the beatings begin!!!!!!!!!!

mankie

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
Suggestion!

Why not start a topic all by your little self if you want to know anything specific. Threads do waver off topic....waaaaaay off topic, but I think most would agree that they get the information they were looking for.

Case in point. Badly Drawn Boy/British Sea Power thread...try reading through that and I'm sure you'll find it stays right on topic for the most part.

By the way..this very thread you started..what the hell does it have to do with music?

markie

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 06:47:00 pm »
Please let me reiterate:

http://msg.woxy.com/

poorlulu

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 06:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by DJeepchick:
  Would the moderators consider adding a ??random rants & raves? section of the forum for those folks who just want to ramble on about their cars, wives, football/soccer,pseudonyms.. or who??s black/gay/fat/queer/ugly/racist/,etc?.

I used to visit this site rather frequently, it was a great place to find out about DC??s music scene, but now I typically check in only to see the schedule. Most of what is posted here are the same 4 or 5 people (you know who you are) who spend their entire day ranting on about useless information that, more often than not, has NOTHING to do with the 9:30 club or music. Although I must confess to a few laughs now and then and Dupek is particularly amusing, it would be nice to read a music/show/club-related thread that stays on topic.  

Could this possibly be what Dupek was eluding to in his ??ignore member query??.

It??s a shame really, this used to be a GREAT site.    :(  

:stands by for brow beating:    :p  
oh you are back again.......how you been?
 i remember you had this rant about 6mths to a year ago......with your bottom line being if this board isn't moderated better it will die.............

what's it like being wrong?  :p

Bags

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 06:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:
  Perhaps if you start topics about music or bands you are interested in you would have a much better time?

DJ Jeep Chick, this is actually a fabulous suggestion.  You may get spanked for asking about something that's already been discussed, but who cares, someone will answer you and you'll get a discussion going.  When it verges off topic, stop reading.

And I'm gonna check out WOXY, though the DC specific venue and show information is invaluable here.

mankie

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 06:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorlulu:

i remember you had this rant about 6mths to a year ago......with your bottom line being if this board isn't moderated better it will die.............

what's it like being wrong?   :p  [/b]
I bet she's a treat to have a conversation with.

DJeepchick...."so what do you think about Resisted Temptations new album?"

Board member....."not bad, would you like a cup of coffee?"

DJeepchick...."HEY HEY HEY! Stay on subject, I was discussing Resisted Temptation, don't you dare change it to asking me if I'd like a cup of coffee"

Board member...."I'll take that as a no then"

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 07:11:00 pm »
at times, this board is very informational and exciting place to learn about new bands and such

at other times, its crap with whiny people bitching at each other

and then, at times, its the funniest part of my life....

i would pick my nose a lot more if it werent for this board.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 07:12:00 pm »
damn you people!!!!!!

i got so caught up in the posting that i just lost my Ebay auction.

bastards, all of you!!!!!!!

:D

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 07:17:00 pm »
Wasnt me

Bags

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 07:18:00 pm »
What were you bidding on???

DJeepchick

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 10:22:00 pm »

what's it like being wrong?    :p   [/QB][/QUOTE]
 ---------------------
 Ahem.. scuse me. It's been a while.

Actually Lulu, That wasn't me who suggested the board would die. I knew you all would keep it going.  

I actually enjoy some of the rants. Flawd is an interesting addition. What I was suggesting was a place to seperate the rants from the threads where people want to discuss a band, review a show or comment about the club.  Clearly, it is not going to change.

So.. as you were

markie

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 10:29:00 pm »
DJeepchick, you just quoted someone without saying anything yourself. Did you just have an anneurism? Should I call you a practitioner of modern proctology?

DJeepchick

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2003, 10:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

By the way..this very thread you started..what the hell does it have to do with music?
It doesn't. But you would have known that by the thread topic, no?