Author Topic: parking lot - 9:30  (Read 3372 times)

Ryan

parking lot - 9:30
« on: November 11, 2003, 08:47:00 am »
How quickly does the lot usually fill?

Mongo

Re: parking lot - 9:30
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 09:48:00 am »
Kinda like how fast tickets sell out, it depends on the show.  If the show is sold out just try to get there before the openning band and you should get in.  If you get there late just park on the street somewhere and try to put valuables in the trunk or at least out of site.  I always put my cds and stuff in the trunk and lock the back seats and trunk button in the car.

Ryan

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 10:42:00 am »
I have parked on the street for years and I have never had problems.  However, I will be riding in a nice car this time.  Has anyone ever had their car tampered with?

mankie

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 10:51:00 am »
I think if you look at all the broken glass on the ground on the streets around the club...that should answer your question. $7 for parking ($9 via tickets.scam) is money well spent in my opinion

markie

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 11:44:00 am »
If you do park on the street it pays not to leave anything visible in the car..... sunglasses, small change, cds and bags all make your car much more likely to be targeted. But that is true for a big chunk of NW DC

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 11:45:00 am »
or earth.

Ryan

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
can parking passes be purchased after tickets have been purchased?

Bags

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ryan:
  can parking passes be purchased after tickets have been purchased?
Yup, you can buy a parking pass any time.  It's a separate 'ticket" -- go by the club, maybe you'll save on the internet charge.

redsock

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 12:16:00 pm »
I try to always park near a nicer car then mine. That way the 97 jetta looks like a waste of time. Twice however, cars in front of me had broken windows. Sucks to be them i guess.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 12:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  I try to always park near a nicer car then mine. That way the 97 jetta looks like a waste of time. Twice however, cars in front of me had broken windows. Sucks to be them i guess.
you can park next to my Yugo anytime then, you'll be safe.

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 12:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
Well if they had left their doors unlocked then their windows wouldnt have been smashed now would they?

saco

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 12:26:00 pm »
Yes you can purchase parking tickets separately from show tickets.  If you purchase a parking pass in advance we hold your spot all night.  You can show up while the headliner is about to finish their encore and your spot will still be waiting for you.

As for filling up quickly, Mongo was right on.   Except for the exceptionally bigger shows that cause fans to line up for hours before we open(Timberlake, Manson, Blink) or any show where hundreds of terrified folks from Manassas drive into the ghetto (Train, Dwight Yoakam) you should be safe arriving in the first hour or so after doors open to get a spot.  But with the option of buying a parking pass beforehand, why risk missing out?  

Otherwise, we dont hear about many cars getting broken into, and as Markie said, if you do park on the street be smart and don't leave valuables in your car, but 7$ aint that much for your peace of mind.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by saco:
 As for filling up quickly, Mongo was right on.   Except for the exceptionally bigger shows that cause fans to line up for hours before we open(Timberlake, Manson, Blink) or any show where hundreds of terrified folks from Manassas drive into the ghetto (Train, Dwight Yoakam) you should be safe arriving in the first hour or so after doors open to get a spot.  But with the option of buying a parking pass beforehand, why risk missing out?  

Perfect characterization.  As an example, when Joe Jackson played, the lot sold out early, either before or during the opening act.  I think this is because you get a lot of folks coming in from the suburbs who dont' go to many shows and aren't used to parking in the city, so they arrange for parking or show up really early.

Medic

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 12:16:00 am »
Saco- you are so insightful and informative- if i ever shrink, I wanna be just like you!  :D

walkman

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 12:19:00 am »
Never had a problem parking on the street right outside the lot...just stash valuables away, and you should be fine.

However, my car was manufactured in 1987, so that probably helps.