Author Topic: Siouxsie Roll Call  (Read 3574 times)

Bags

Siouxsie Roll Call
« on: September 07, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
I'll be there by my lonesome...such a busy week, but I can't miss Ms. Sioux.

sonickteam2

Re: Siouxsie Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 01:43:00 pm »
how can afford to go to all these shows AND drive an escalade?

crazy

Bags

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 02:44:00 pm »
Siouxsie's the only show over $15.  Well, GBV is $20, plus all that beer, but....

What can I say, I save money on the metro!   ;)   You make a point, though.  I may start charging friends for gas, which could bring in LOTS of cash at the rate I'd need to charge to fill the tank.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
I'm torn between Siouxsie and Les Savy Fav at The Black Cat.  Any thoughts on LSF?  I'm not too familiar with them.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
LSF may be a better call, Chutney.  I just cannot miss Siouxsie if she's in town.  Between Siouxsie and the Smiths, that's it for me.  And that's saying a lot if she knocks off the Furs, Echo and R.E.M. for my early favorites...

[Actually, The Police were my very favorite, but Sting is so far off the charts these days, I wouldn't see him for free in the lobby of my apt building.  Well, maybe I'd go down to see what he's wearing.]

ggw

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 03:27:00 pm »
Les Savy Fav are a live show that everyone should see at least once.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/concerts/l/les-savy-fav-020420.shtml

Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  I'm torn between Siouxsie and Les Savy Fav at The Black Cat.  Any thoughts on LSF?  I'm not too familiar with them.

Bags

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »
Well, since Siouxsie's got no opener, it could be possible to make it over to the Cat to see Les Savy...  I may try that, we'll see.  I may also be pooped, but if Rosebuds have cancelled, my week's looking easier!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 04:23:00 pm »
Thanks for the LSF link.  You just convinced me that's where I need to be on Thursday.

set1914

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 02:32:00 pm »
Last time Siouxsie was in town her voice was toast. Has anyone heared or read a review if this show is better, the same or sucks compared to the last time around? I do not feel like rolling the dice on if this is going to be a good show or not.

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 02:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by set1914:
  Last time Siouxsie was in town her voice was toast. Has anyone heared or read a review if this show is better, the same or sucks compared to the last time around? I do not feel like rolling the dice on if this is going to be a good show or not.
She was awful at Nation.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 03:53:00 pm »
I haven't had good luck with these punk rock retro shows.  Most of them have been letdowns... perhaps because nostalgia punk is everything punk was originally against.
_\|/_

Bags

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 05:18:00 pm »
I don't really think of Siouxsie as punk.  Also, I have to admit that I'll be very forgiving of her...just to hear "Christine" or "Spellbound," even done only so-so, will blow me away.

I saw her at Roseland Ballroom in NYC a couple years ago, and I loved it.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
Tuesday's NYC setlist.  They seem to all be about the same by three songs or so, but sometimes with "Christine," and...ohmigod...sometimes without "Spellbound."

say yes!
 around the world
 7 tears
 godzilla
 standing there
 cities in dust
 arabian knights
 killing time
 prettiest thing
 shooting sun
 kiss them for me
 2nd floor
 take mine
 pinned down
 happy house
 not forgotten
 spellbound

Guiny

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 12:40:00 pm »
Definetely not the set list I would want to hear. Wheres "fireworks" and "slow dive" and a slew of others I wont bother with right now.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I don't really think of Siouxsie as punk.  Also, I have to admit that I'll be very forgiving of her...just to hear "Christine" or "Spellbound," even done only so-so, will blow me away.

I saw her at Roseland Ballroom in NYC a couple years ago, and I loved it.
I think she actually was considered punk in her heyday.  Nowadays people think of loud and fast when they think of punk, but a lot of 70s punk was very poppy.
_\|/_