Author Topic: Dandy Warhols roll call  (Read 3721 times)

Bags

Dandy Warhols roll call
« on: November 23, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
Wondering who's hitting this at 9:30 Club on Sunday.  I have shows Monday & Tuesday, so haven't decided if I can make a Sunday night show as well.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Dandy Warhols roll call
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 12:50:00 pm »
is it sold out?
_\|/_

Bags

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
Not yet...if it sells out, that's my answer.  Kind of why I'm trying to figure this out today so I can get over to the box office.  A $25 ticket is one that should be used (versus a $10, say, which leaves more room ofr missing the show).

Dandy01

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
me me!  and 242 Monday.

• my blog
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 02:51:00 pm »
Dandy, are you a big Warhols fan?
_\|/_

Dandy01

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
i hope that's rhetorical.

G.Love

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
It ends up I can't make the show - if anybody wants two tickets at a discounted rate please see my post in the ticket exchange section of the forum.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 10:08:00 am »
How was the opening band the Out Crowd? Worth checking out at Millenium Stage for free?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
  How was the opening band the Out Crowd?  
I, personally, didn't think they were anything special (saw the Raleigh show), but they weren't bad. I suppose if you have nothing else to do you should see if you like them, but I felt they were pretty par for the course.

joeavrage

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
Didn't see the openers... but I will tell you that the Dandy Warhols played a long ass set... I got there at 10pm and they had started... they didn't get done until almost midnight. Was all a bit hit and miss. A lot of the new stuff doesn't sound great live. The band seemed to have a good time on stage; but I was bored a lot of the time.

ratioci nation

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 10:33:00 am »
Originally posted by My Cat Can DJ:
  Didn't see the openers... but I will tell you that the Dandy Warhols played a long ass set... I got there at 10pm and they had started... they didn't get done until almost midnight. Was all a bit hit and miss. A lot of the new stuff doesn't sound great live. The band seemed to have a good time on stage; but I was bored a lot of the time.
did they play the ultra long version of a fast driving rave up?  I am trying to decide whether or not to go here in Portland but am haunted by the memory of boredom at the last dc show as they finished playing that shit for the last what seemed like 45 minutes

joeavrage

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by My Cat Can DJ:
did they play the ultra long version of a fast driving rave up?  I am trying to decide whether or not to go here in Portland but am haunted by the memory of boredom at the last dc show as they finished playing that shit for the last what seemed like 45 minutes [/b]
Pretty sure they didn't... if they did, I must have been asleep for it. There were some really long tracks (~7-9 mins) though, so be warned.

ggw

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 10:51:00 am »
I thought the show was great.  A perfect mellow end to a long holiday weekend.

They didn't play Fast Driving Rave-up, but they did end the main set with one of the longer spacier jams from the new album.

joeavrage

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I thought the show was great.  A perfect mellow end to a long holiday weekend.

They didn't play Fast Driving Rave-up, but they did end the main set with one of the longer spacier jams from the new album.
'Love is the new feel awful' was that last track I think. Probably my fave from the new album.

• my blog
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 longer spacier jams
that's rarely a good thing.   :(
_\|/_