Author Topic: shows at the warehouse  (Read 1693 times)

lily1

shows at the warehouse
« on: September 11, 2003, 09:31:00 am »
anyone been to a show at the warehouse, near the convention center? metropolitan is there on friday. i'd like to see them but no little about the venue except that it is thankfully metro accessible. sound decent? drinks decent? capacity? general set times?

MaLo

Re: shows at the warehouse
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 09:34:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  anyone been to a show at the warehouse, near the convention center? metropolitan is there on friday. i'd like to see them but no little about the venue except that it is thankfully metro accessible. sound decent? drinks decent? capacity? general set times?
i went to see a play there in January...its a pretty small space, with a low stage.  All i had to drink was water..but it looked like they had a full bar.  I don't know how a band would sound in there.

chknfngrs

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 10:11:00 am »
sound there is iffy. it also falls into the "art-room" much like Signal 66. It is a cool place to see a show, bring your earplugs, their PA and requisite soundguy is not altogether skilled. Bar is good, bartender is good. one of the hipster hangouts now.

walkman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 10:52:00 am »
Maybe my favorite place in DC to see a show.  The room is small, like seeing a band in someone's living room.  And very friendly hipsters all round.  The sound really depends on the band, but it's never been terrible when I've been there.

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 11:34:00 pm »
Also don't wear any heavy articles of clothing because it gets pretty warm in that space.

lily1

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 11:52:00 pm »
thanks for the info. how about set times? is it like the black cat? expect the headliner to pop on at midnight?

walkman

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
earlier.  except when it's later.