Author Topic: A trip to the beach maybe in order for the forum  (Read 3591 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
A trip to the beach maybe in order for the forum
« on: February 23, 2006, 01:54:00 pm »
IF this show were to take place at the club, the furor over presales and sales for it, could eclipse Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys and Justin Timberlake, System of a Down combined.

Hopefully the "smaller" venues wont include Nation  as this would a great suprise at the club show.

Madonna to hit the clubs?

Madonna To Hit Small Venues For 'Intimate' Confessions Tour
 02.23.2006 6:00 AM EST

'I would like to put her as close to her fans as possible,' tour director says.
 Madonna

Madonna plans to hit the clubs for her upcoming summer tour, because according to her tour director, it wouldn't be the disco queen's kind of dance floor if it wasn't a bit confessional too.

"A typical Madonna show is quite produced," said

"Listen, I love old Madonna songs â?? I don't know one person who doesn't. But we want to focus mainly on this album." â?? Tour director Jamie King

Madonna: The Inventress

Jamie King, who has been the creative director for Madonna's last two tours. "She likes things large, she likes things theatrical, but this time, being that [Confessions on a Dance Floor] is an intimate album, we want to try to make people have an intimate experience as well as a big produced theatrical experience. So look for us doing some small venues, some smaller venues."

To achieve that intimacy, Madonna will have to be able to get close to everyone, so the tour is also going to be more interactive. "I would like to put her as close to her people â?? her fans, her dancers, her fellow supporters â?? as possible," King said.

While that effect was achieved via the pit and the catwalk on her Reinvention Tour, don't expect Madonna to merely reinvent that tour and trot out all the hits. The set list has been confirmed, King said, and it's definitely Confessions-heavy, with "some familiar faces" popping up from the past two dance-themed videos, "Hung Up" and "Sorry." That said, there will be a few yet-to-be-revealed fan favorites on the set list as well.

"Listen, I love old Madonna songs â?? I don't know one person who doesn't," King said. "But we want to focus mainly on this album. I think people love it and they want to hear it, so expect a lot of the songs from Confessions on a Dance Floor."

Tour dates have yet to be announced, but rehearsals begin March 1.
T.Rex

Re: A trip to the beach maybe in order for the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 01:57:00 pm »
"Listen, I love old Madonna songs â?? I don't know one person who doesn't." â?? Tour director Jamie King

Mr. King has never, ever met the Dupek.  This is certain.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  IF this show were to take place at the club, the furor over presales and sales for it, could eclipse Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys and Justin Timberlake, System of a Down combined.

<cough>boardiepresale<cough>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

<cough>boardiepresale<cough> [/b]
i think a dance off will be order for this one..
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:52:00 pm »
Could someone PLEASE gimmme the presale password???

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »
so why are we going to the beach?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Thom Foolerie:
  so why are we going to the beach?
to avoid the stress of having thousands and thousands of people moaning about not being able to get tickets....
T.Rex

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 03:57:00 pm »
I wonder if I could finance a trip to Chicago with the earnings from scalping Madonna tickets?

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  I wonder if I could finance a trip to Chicago with the earnings from scalping Madonna tickets?
thats EXACTLY what i was thinking!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 04:06:00 pm »
well i'd put good money on tickets being non-transferrable if it were to come to pass..
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »
  well i'd put good money on tickets being non-transferrable if it were to come to pass..
well, half a trip then.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
I guess that would mean me and three wealthy strangers, hanging at the Madonna show.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 04:47:00 pm »
I was just in Madonna this morning.  Madonna, Maryland.

bearman🐻

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
Why don't we all buy tickets, sell them for a few grand each, and then plan a forum trip to Reading? Or Lollapalooza?

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »
I was just in Madonna, and she was loving it.

Originally posted by just plain Dupek:
  I was just in Madonna this morning.  Madonna, Maryland.