Author Topic: InDCent  (Read 1891 times)

bellenseb

InDCent
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
What are opinions of the Washington City Paper chat board, InDCent Exposure?

Re: InDCent
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 05:09:00 pm »
Only glance at them once in awhile. Seem sort of random.

Their letters to the editor section will apparently print letters by any old retard that writes in.

I liked their old personals section better. Though I rarely even read them for entertainment anymore.

Random Citizen

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 05:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by bellenseb:
  What are opinions of the Washington City Paper chat board, InDCent Exposure?
I'm a refugee from the InDC board. I lurked for about a year, posted for about a year and then moved on. It's quite inbred these days because a majority of the posters know one another, have dated one another and/or played in a band with another board member.

If you really want to discuss music from the "I'm in a band" perspective, check it out. Otherwise, I'd say check out other boards.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 05:47:00 pm »
heh... I was wondering why you left.

I'm on there too.  It does seem a little inbred, and there are a couple of unnecessary feuds simmering that occasionally explode and spoil the fun, but on the positive side most of the people are friendly and bright and a fun bunch to get to know.   Almost everyone's a musician but you don't have to be one to fit in.  I'm just a pseudomusician and nobody holds that against me.  The bottom line is it's another valuable distraction from one's humdrum day.

and of course, there's always the third option.
_\|/_

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 11:23:00 pm »
I just can't stand the format of the board itself.  CP needs to bring that p.o.s. into the 21st century, or at least the late 20th.  

And yes, it does seem a bit inbred.

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 09:14:00 am »
I kinda like the antiquated software.  The fact that anyone can post without logging in gives it kind of a random chaotic nature which can be fun (or which can suck when someone decides to abuse it).

For anyone who is wondering what the phuq we're talking about, http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/indc/chat
_\|/_

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 11:35:00 am »
Random, you came up as a topic of discussion yesterday.  The general conclusion is you are missed, although you also got props for being the only person who's actually made good on a threat to leave, and also for not leaving in a big huff as is common practice.
_\|/_

Random Citizen

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  Random, you came up as a topic of discussion yesterday.  
So that's why my left hand was twitching yesterday...  ;)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:

Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  Random, you came up as a topic of discussion yesterday.  
So that's why my left hand was twitching yesterday...   ;)  [/b]
I thought you were right handed!  ;)

Random Citizen

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

I thought you were right handed!   ;)  [/b]
No comment.

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 01:24:00 pm »
heh.  :)
_\|/_

boweswana

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 04:25:00 pm »
inDC is really not quite something at all anymore.  It used to be a lot better than it is now.  Anythng of value isn't really worth digging through the 9000 inside conversations.

Howdy Random....I realized I had not been around this board in a long time and thought I would log-in and look around.  It's nice to see ya.  How's things?  Sucks about that Lanegan show getting canceled.

(fenster)

Random Citizen

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 06:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by the Pharmacist:
 Howdy Random....I realized I had not been around this board in a long time and thought I would log-in and look around.  It's nice to see ya.  How's things?  Sucks about that Lanegan show getting canceled.

(fenster)
Things are well over here, how are ya? I'm also bummed about the Lanegan cancellation. But I hope he's doing OK. I'm heading to Cambridge, Mass in two weeks for the Twilight Singers show (and a long weekend to relax).  :D

boweswana

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 09:32:00 am »
Kick ass.  Wish I could go but I have a baby that's supposed to arrive that day.  I know, where are my priorities!!!

Glad to hear you're doing well.  Catch up over a beer or something sometime?

Random Citizen

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 11:57:00 am »
Originally posted by the Pharmacist:
  Kick ass.  Wish I could go but I have a baby that's supposed to arrive that day.
Jeebus! Everyone's birthin' babies these days.  Makes me feel old. But seriously, congrats and best wishes!!

But yes, a beer at the Galaxy Hut sometime sounds like a good idea!  :D