Author Topic: trail of dead coming to town  (Read 1610 times)

tinygee

trail of dead coming to town
« on: September 10, 2004, 10:43:00 am »
I bought tickets right for recher right before i found out of their show at 930, and being from nova i was furious because recher is so fucking far. However, since the show at 930 will probably sell out ,(and i hate that because then you have to literally push people to find a good spot to stand) Recher may be a better venue to see them. But ive never been there, so anyone who has please elaborate.

oldtimey

Re: trail of dead coming to town
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
Pretty cool venue I thought.  Saw Guided By Voices there last year.  It's a theatre with one large long room.  The stage/audience area is close to the size of 9:30 lower floor stage area.  There are tables and a bar area too.  Parking is no problem there and its free if I remember correctly.

distance

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 12:19:00 pm »
i'd like to see them, but unfortunately at this point it's looking like i'm going to be in omaha the day before the dc show.  looks like baltimore or philly are my only real options if at all.  bleh.  mapquest says it's 1100+ miles, so i don't think there's any chance of making it to dc in time.. heh

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 01:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by tinygee:
   However, since the show at 930 will probably sell out
It will? I've been to their shows and have never seen it sold out, unless of course it was one I didnt go to.

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 01:57:00 pm »
The only one they sold out was the date with Queens of the Stone Age, and they were only the openers.  

I don't think either Black Cat date sold out, so I can't imagine this one will.  Although it should, since they fucking rule.

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

However, since the show at 930 will probably sell out
It will? I've been to their shows and have never seen it sold out, unless of course it was one I didnt go to. [/b]

tinygee

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
agreed, they do fucking rule. I may have to go to both shows then, I have never seen them live how crazy does it get?

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 02:12:00 pm »
Not as crazy as you've probably read.  I've never seen any guitars thrown into the crowd, or glass broken or even fights.  They do play pretty aggressively (man, Jason Reece on drums KILLS), and they do "smash" some instruments toward the end (although it's kind of choreographed nowadays).  A tad bit pretenious maybe, but it's worth the price of admission.

agreed, they do fucking rule. I may have to go to both shows then, I have never seen them live how crazy does it get?